The online racing simulator
NiGHTMoD By DRaGKiNG
(76 posts, closed, started )
NiGHTMoD By DRaGKiNG
My friend made a nightmod for all to download. Its now completed
Make sure you disable haze in graphics options

Installation instructions : extract folder to LFS DATA folder.. and overwrite everything... but because this is a beta.. Make sure u backup you LFS data folder ..for now only blackwood, carpark, and rallycross works at night.. hes working on the other tracks aswell Hope you injoy!

If problem or need help add t-rave82@hotmail.com
Attached images
nightmod1.jpg
nightmod2.jpg
nightmod3.jpg
HIGH SPEED DOWNLOAD LINK - http://liveforspeed.sk/download/NightMod.zip

unpack everything EXCEPT for the "LFS.EXE" and "WLD" folder.. since these files are from a pretty older LFS version and its causing corruption.

so reinstall latest LFS.. and then unpack as described above..

Important Note : This mod cannot be uninstalled, don't use your original LFS folder for the mods but make a new LFS installation/folder if you want to try one of my mods
-
(MaDSkiLLz) DELETED by MaDSkiLLz : dont need it no more
-
(trackah123) DELETED by trackah123
it would be cool if you guys could get the lighting correct.
what lighting? i know some trees are still 2 bright.. but thats because many dds files are still not edited.. in the new update im trying to fix the lighting.

if anyone has comments feedback or suggestions.. put them here.. explain ur opinions..
some important instructions

btw .. it is important to turn your haze effect off.. you can find it in graphics (liveforspeed options) in my mod i changed the line "Haze" to "! set to NO !"

also if you wanna drive blackwood at night.. i recommend to click on "NiGHT!" .. not "Bright Clear" or "Evening" to get the best possible maplighting and most realistic nighttime effect.
also .. set Track LOD Reduction to NO .. if its set to yes.. you'll see bright parts at the end of the road (thnx to remy for discovering that)
hmm looks nice, will have o give it a try ....

one thing though....did you do anything to the tarmac texture? looks a bit odd with the white sparkles....nevertheless good attempt.....
yeah like i said.. i need to edit all of the dds files so it looks as real as possible
if ur done, let the "BIG TRHEE" implant it in their sim! good one
-
(trackah123) DELETED by trackah123 : old invalid download link
-
Nightmod V0.2 Download Link (trackah123) DELETED by trackah123 : old invalid download link
good work !
thnx

here a (ahum :S) beautiful nightshot at south city
..now thats dangerous!
*driving along at night*
oh damn, my lights arn't working.... is that a corner?
*CRASH*
just a wall :P
Is there a head light mod were they stay on for s2
Quote from kyler :Is there a head light mod were they stay on for s2

Nope and there is no point anyway, they dont shine out!
thats why all night mods are perfectly pointless. That is.. unless you have completely memorized the track

or better yet are just completely blind and know where every car is and every bump and ever turn and every curb and ever brake/gas points
yeah thats a reason i put that into my readme file under future plans..
i believe it can be done with lens flares/coronas shineouts.. working car and roadlights.. but then u have to reprogram the game engine or something like that.. which i cant do.. so.. that'll be up to the lfs programmers to decide i think.. i did the best i could
No i mean like for s1 light mod where they are on but it dont make diffrence to track
there is already a way (bug) to keep your headlights on without holding down the button.

Just press and hold your light button then ALT-TAB out of the game and then go back in and walla. they stay on. Not that they do much :P I guess it'd be good for edited screenshots @ night and stuff.
Think shining headlamps will be in S3, takes a lot and game needs quite a lot doing to it
i'll hope they do it fast headlights and track lights
Quote from trackah123 :thnx

here a (ahum :S) beautiful nightshot at south city

The screen shots look great. Cannot wait.
-
i got a new idea.. im going to make a desertmod and proper snowmod.

i just got photoshop cs2.. so i hope i can make something out of it..
i know others already made nightmods and snowmods.. but i think desert mod is a nice idea.. and im trying to make it as real as possible
-
I like it now i can make illegal street drag
-
Man does it work on "U" version?? that looks so good i would like to try it
yes i think it works on U Patch as long as you DONT unzip the "LFS.EXE" and the "WLD" folder... everything else can be unpacked and overwritten..
This thread is closed

NiGHTMoD By DRaGKiNG
(76 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG