The online racing simulator
Miss-labled DVD+RW
(2 posts, started )
Miss-labled DVD+RW
I got some DVD+RW disks, and I think that they are actually DVD+R disks. I have tried on two different burners, and in XP and fedora core 5. All of them say that the media is DVD rom, and I cannot delete them. Sucks now that I have 25 of these only 4x DVD+RWs which cant be erased, so I wont really be using them. Although, I think I will use it to burn a DVD with Gparted, rofl a 4.7GB disk with only 30MB used.... Too slow to be used for anything else, but I was going to use it for backups anyway. I wonder if my DVD-video player can play video off of this DVD+R/DVD+RW. Has anyone else gotten mis-labeled disks? At least they arent as expesive as they once were!
#2 - herki
Quote from wheel4hummer :I got some DVD+RW disks, and I think that they are actually DVD+R disks. I have tried on two different burners, and in XP and fedora core 5. All of them say that the media is DVD rom, and I cannot delete them. Sucks now that I have 25 of these only 4x DVD+RWs which cant be erased, so I wont really be using them. Although, I think I will use it to burn a DVD with Gparted, rofl a 4.7GB disk with only 30MB used.... Too slow to be used for anything else, but I was going to use it for backups anyway. I wonder if my DVD-video player can play video off of this DVD+R/DVD+RW. Has anyone else gotten mis-labeled disks? At least they arent as expesive as they once were!

DVD+Rs are commonly labeled with DVD+RW, dunno why exactly though. If you want DVD+RWs, you gotta go for ReWritables

Miss-labled DVD+RW
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG