The online racing simulator
Comments on LFS
(59 posts, started )
#51 - SamH
While this is a "Comments on LFS" thread, not a "zOMG!!!11 rfex0r iz teh sewige!" thread.. still, I gotta say I have to agree.. rFactor does look awful in that picture. I'd rather LFS keep up the FPS!
#52 - Jakg
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Hey! That's a nice skin! (I'll assume you meant the res )

i did, because afaik no isi sim had auto skin downloading, thus they are shared by hand and thus the good quality skin file.

And yes, i did deliberately pick a not-so-good rF pic, but i was trying to pic pics that were similar between LFS and other games!
Quote from Execution Style :these are French people we're talking about, and they are reserved with their compliments by nature.

I have to admit you are quite right, but some french are more enthusiastic than me ! Anyway lfs rocks, i do my best to make other french understand it !
Quote from loopingz :I have to admit you are quite right, but some french are more enthusiastic than me ! Anyway lfs rocks, i do my best to make other french understand it !

What is it, with Americans, and you french people -
Quote from Dupson :Im not talking bout saturation level or not, when mentioning about NFS. Sorry guys - yes i dont like NFS - but graphics there (even tho you ll get rid of oversaturation and tons of special effects) are BETTER. Look at the car models for example.... Overall image quality is better. Sorry guys but dont let your love to lfs blind your sight. Thats it.

What you re saying about effects equals to situation when sum1 would state nfs1(first game from this series) has better graphics then lfs s2, but lfs s2 uses special effects like "reflection maps" and "trilinear filtering"... ....hellooo...

Lfs has "ok" graphics for now and had good graphics for the time s2 just gone up. But "fantastic" is, with all my sympathy to lfs, a simple overreacting. If im wrong then check bhmotorsports - pick new relases and tell me few words about graphics there. What will u say ? "super hyper mega fantastic"?? or just "super fantastic".

The fact is it would be qood to see some graphic improvements in lfs. Im not the right person to make requests-im not licensed, but u are. ive just written whats my opinion in this matter.

ps. Ok im prepared for flaming me
"damn u little demo racer!! LFS has best graphics in the world !! how dare u !!"
greetings

The problem is you make one very fatal mistake in judging graphics, you purely base it on fancy shadders. Last time I saw NFS the cars moved like a solid box, with scaffolding as suspension and steel as tyres.

To me graphics isn't all about bling bling fancy shadders etc it's about making the car on screen look as if it's on track, as if the tyres are working hard, as if the suspension is working... etc. At the end of the day this is a racing simulator, simulating cars which do actually move around so why shouldn't this be simulated?

In my eyes LFS has the best graphics and I'm not a blinded `fanboy`. I'd actually say nK Pro had the best graphics but until the bugs are fixed then the graphics to performance goes to LFS. It still looks good and plays well even on old systems. I'm not saying there isn't room for improvements but overall I class LFS as one of the best graphically appearing sims.

It's like when you watch a CGI film, one might have a nicer appearence to it but the one with the better animation that makes you `feel` the film will have more impact.
Even then, I fail to see why NfS graphics are so much better? The only thing I ever saw in NfS were crappy, blurred textures overlayed with thousands of shaders, which hid the quality of these textures and made them looks like candied/coated with ice... Which made me want to throw up after a couple of minutes...

Granted, there is room for improvements graphicswise, but I can perfectly live with what we have now, and I think that LfS looks far more real than its competitors or NfS, because it DOESN'T go nuts with every shader available...
i like the dx7 low saturation look of lfs a lot but it could do with some higher res textures (more of them as well the tarmac is pretty repentitive) a mothereffing beepload more polys on the cars and cockpits (especially the suspension on the lx ... look how much more detailed it is on the rf pic jack posted earlier) and real reflections on the cars and mirrors
Keiran
Does Lfs look beter then GTR1 to You??
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
LFS lacks shadows in the track. I dont know how to explain this, i will try (sorry my english):
The track (tarmac, grass...) needs color intensity changing. When you go uphill and then downhill the track have the same color. This is expecialy visible in spectator, where you can see longer distance with tv camera. The color on tarmac is constant all over the track, you cant see subtle elevation changes ...but this is a minor detail.
Kerbs need more detail too. Rfactor and GTR2 have awesome kerbs
I hope u understand

Comments on LFS
(59 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG