The online racing simulator
DTM at Lauzitsring
(5 posts, started )
DTM at Lausitzring
Watched the race live today. This is what I like much more than F1. No need to know who is who beforehand, it is not a soap opera, it is action! Though, the TV director could have shown others besides Ekstrom & Paffet. Too much focusing on the leaders, I think. The spectacularity of the FIA GT is that they show everything.

Interesting thing with their physics engine: Paffet almost touches Ekstrom's rear bumper at the apex of the last corner, but can't slip-stream him at the straight. A noticeable difference with LFS: there, if you are just in .2 sec from the car ahead, slip-stream starts pulling you, and you can at least come alongside with it by the end of a same long straight. But here Paffet could only side-track behind with no hope to pass.
...and the track rox, I`ve been there 4 the last V8-star season race lastyear...or was it 2 years ago???nevermind...almost every racing is better than F1 and not soooooooooo boring
#3 - J.B.
Yeah, DTM isn't bad, Paffet and Eckström are really impressive.

The best series in terms of Racing action has to be GP2 though. The drivers are always fighting the nervous cars and overtaking is all over the place even in Hungary. Don't miss the championship final in Bahrain on 29/30 September. The championship is still open between Rosberg and Kovalainen.
Raising the old topic.

Watched DTM today. Very impressed, what a close finish for the first 5! Not many passes were made at Lausitzring, but how close they were going! And Schneider rocks! Kristensen pushes hard too. Veterans aren't getting older!

This year we've got even more racing on public TV with very few ads. One public TV sports channel yet in 2004 had got financial problems and stopped many programs, but started showing a lot those that they had got. Before that they have been showing only main DTM races. Then they started showing the whole DTM weekend. Now they've added more races, so there are 10 different races in the weekend LIVE! VW Polo cup, Porsche Carrera cup, Formula-3, Formula-BMW, DTM, Renault 2.0, Renault Megane, Renault World Series, WTCC, GP Masters. Amazing. Of course, I don't spend 10 hours a day watching all of them. But this really impresses.
Quote from detail :Watched the race live today. This is what I like much more than F1. ...Paffet almost touches Ekstrom's rear bumper at the apex of the last corner, but can't slip-stream him at the straight. ....

tbh i'm really a fan of DTM but what's the difference to the last F1 race. The Lauzitsring was like the last F1 race.
It's a track where it's almost impossible to take someone over except he makes a big mistake (or you bump and pass him like green did to häkkinen). So it wasn't really exciting.

Jamie Green took the pole for the 4th time but he is to nervous to make it throught the first 2 turns etc. The rest wasn't that exciting. Except when Abt lost his tire in the pits the rest was pure pit strategy like in F1 (to bad that Ekström had not enough fuel at the end).

There wasn't much take overs so what was better then then last F1 race (just 4 or 5 people behind each other who are not able to pass each other and in F1 there were 2 who can't pass each other. I don't really see much of a diff. there)

Kristensen rules :-)

DTM at Lauzitsring
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG