The online racing simulator
Sequential Gearbox & Clutch Pedal
(3 posts, started )
Hi

I have a question regarding the sequential mode that could be either a bug or my ignorance (sorry if it’s this). I own a G25, so I have a extra pedal to use as clutch and therefore I have been able to set the road cars to sequential with auto clutch off, that is
/shifter sequential
/autoclutch 0
/gcblip 0

I will use an example of the funny thing that happens, say with the XFG:

I'm going in 3rd (no rush)and start to accelerate and I forgot that I have now clutch's aid off and don’t press the clutch and use the shifter to change up to 4th, obviously the gearbox remains in 3rd. Then (silly me) press the clutch and the gear changes automatically to 4th (with no using the shifter at all this time).
If I'm going in 2nd and change twice gears up without press the clutch, when press the clutch (without using the shifter again) the gear changes to 4th.
Summarising, the problem in my view it is that when there is a mismatch between the gear changing and the clutch pedal pressing, the system-car still remembers that you have used the shifter . And in addition the “red led” related to the RPM doesn’t work when you have used the shifter without pressing the clutch.
I have almost 10 years experience in normal road cars driving (H shifters), so I know already that in RL you can’t literally move the shifter without disengage the engine with the clutch or even worse move from neutral to a gear without using the clutch (well you can try it if you are quite close to a garage).
I don’t know if RL sequential cars have the property mentioned before (I've never had one). If so, I’m sorry for my lack of knowledge.
Yes, i noticed this.

When shifted into lets say second, i would put my shifter into gear 3 (wont change into 3rd without clutch obviously) so it was like a pre-selected gear. all i had to do was tap the clutch and be in 3rd.
#3 - ajp71
When you don't rev match a clutchless shift in LFS (perfectly possible just like IRL) it still changes the gear your controller is reading. It's like having using an H gate, it can't be physically forced to stay in gear so if you shift, where IRL you would not have been able to the H gate controller will still have been moved to the next gear so LFS assumes your shifting to this gear the minute you press the clutch.

Maybe this control system could be altered for better sequential support?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG