The online racing simulator
Ascari Race Resort?
(13 posts, started )
Ascari Race Resort?
#2 - Vain
As far as I know all deals with real life companies weren't initiated by the devs. It was always either the company approaching the devs by itself, or a community member starting the relation.
So if you think the track is worth it (I'm a bit critical), then write them, introduce them to LFS and tell them that they'll get loads of free advertisment if they give the LFS devs the rights to make the track, or even some of the GPS-data of the track if they want to speed up the process.
It looks a bit like this track wants advertisment, and it looks as if they definitely have extensive digital data of the track available. Looks like a well planned track.

The Ascari KZ1 doesn't look bad either. Someone throw those peoples the link to liveforspeed.net please!

Vain
I have an email written and ready to send

Would be cool to get a track and a car in one deal!
Or maybe a nice Ascari pack with the KZ1, A10, GT3 and F1.
Right, here's the email I just sent them:
Quote from Unsolicited Dajmin Mail :I have been looking at the Ascari Race Resort and cars, and think they look fantastic.

Myself and a few of my friends were wondering if you have ever heard of a racing simulator called Live For Speed (http://www.liveforspeed.net), currently in development by an independant team of programmers?
They have already signed a deal with BMW Sauber to feature their F1 car in the simulator, the McGill Racing Team used it as a testing ground for their Formula SAE and the Finnish Raceabout also makes an appearance.

Live For Speed itself is without doubt the finest racing simulator in the world with a growing number of fans. It currently feature 19 cars and 6 tracks, with many variations of each circuit. While the graphics are still in early development stage, the physics programming is second to none.
You can see how Live For Speed measures up to it's rivals by checking the recent poll at the AutoSimSport website: http://autosimsport.net/SimplePoll/assawards.php

Because it is an independant group of developers, funding is their biggest issue, and that's why I'm writing to you now. Not only would Live For Speed be an ideal place to show off the capabilities of the Ascari company for building cars and designing tracks, it would help the game developers by giving them another brand name to work with, as most of the existing cars are fictional.
I am sure that a mutually beneficial deal could be arranged if you were to contact the developers.

I do not expect a reply to this email as I know the company will be very busy. Thank you for your time, congratulations on your fine design work and I hope to see the Ascari name in Live For Speed some day.

/me pimps some LFS
Thats a nice read for them

I actually sent them an Email a few months ago about releasing some blueprints or diagrams of the A10 so I and others could model one.
..But no reply

So lets wait and see if they have something to say about this
Quote from Dajmin :Right, here's the email I just sent them:

/me pimps some LFS

If there is anything to expect from this, it would be a long process, even to begin with. All the luck to the project, though the chances are slim
I'm sure I've seen that track somewhere before too - is it in TOCA3 maybe? I can't remember. But there'll be telemetry data for it somewhere, so that's a large part of the work done already.

But whether or not anything comes of it is neither here nor there, the point is I tried
#9 - axus
Perhaps I can get someone to ask the Kyalami guys if they're interested in something like this (I think a few people I know have connections higher up - if not, I'll just send them an e-mail). I know of two other SA tracks that won't be too difficult to get but they're both rubbish TBH - Wesbank raceway and Zwartkops. Aston National is probably more challenging than the former and I've been around Zwatrkops in a Porsche Boxter S on semi-slicks and its very mickey-mouse.
I personally hope that this comes off. That KZ1 is pretty sexy looking...for a car anyways! The track also looks pretty good too.

Seems like a long shot, but one that's definately worth taking.
Long shots are the funnest to take, especially when you hit your target dead-on!

I've never payed much attention to the circuit; but I want another track in LFS instead of just a new layout. Go Ascari!
For people who didn't know. The Ascari Race Resort was based on the best parts of tracks around the world :P
Quote from Dajmin :I'm sure I've seen that track somewhere before too - is it in TOCA3 maybe?

It deffo isn't in TOCA 3.

Ascari Race Resort?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG