The online racing simulator
Smoke Mod (SIMPLE QUESTION)
(13 posts, started )
#1 - Slopi
Yes, I read the read-me that came with the mod, but that's almost useless. The questions I have (sorry if it's been answered on the forums, I couldn't find it) is, do you have to have smokemod.exe running while playing the game. Secondly, does it have to be in your LFS install folder, and do you need to have the .cfg file in the install folder?

Thanks in advance for constructive help
#2 - Slopi
This is a very VERY simple question...

Does no one use this mod anymore than can shoot me an answer?

Did I post in the wrong part of the forums?

Someone want to PLEASE give me a head's up?

ugh...
Quote from Slopi :Do you have to have smokemod.exe running while playing the game

Yes

Quote from Slopi :Secondly, does it have to be in your LFS install folder

No

Quote from Slopi :and do you need to have the .cfg file in the install folder?

In the same folder as the executable, yes.
i use smokemod and no smoke.exe or smth like this is required.
Quote from Dupson :i use smokemod and no smoke.exe or smth like this is required.

I have the feeling you're talking about a dds mod, rather than kegetys smoke mod..
#6 - Slopi
Awesome. Thanks for the response Angel. Much appreciated
Quote from the_angry_angel :I have the feeling you're talking about a dds mod, rather than kegetys smoke mod..

I use a dds mod.
Is there a great difference?

I couldn't see the screenshots of his smoke mod on his website...
It looks less impressive in realtime, each billboard is placed with the same rotation.
Quote from Becky Rose :each billboard is placed with the same rotation.

No they aren't, there is a certain level of 'animation' in it, done with a mipmap trick.
oooooOOOoooooo That wasn't evident back when I tried it - if it's a mip map layer rotation on your dds maybe I didn't have your texture installed at the time. I might have to have a play, although I pressume it's not U30? so I might hunt the offset out myself.

I've been using your smoke texture recently, that's nice work. I'd rather have your McLaren though
I'd love to use the smokemod, but when I run smokemod.exe and after that I run LFS, smokemod.exe goes to 100% and tries to hang my computer. Is this a known bug, or did i do something stupid?

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG