The online racing simulator
Black/yellow strippy thingys (like the old BTCC)
Back when the BTCC had races with mandatory pit stops, under the driver's name there was a strip of black tape. When the car made the mandatory pit stop, this was removed to expose some yellow tape. This would make it easier to see if a car has made its mandatory pit stop or not in shift F mode.

This would not be in the S-S, LXs and RAC, but on all the other cars. Also, on the race leaderboard thing at the bottom.

The colours might have been mixed up (yellow not stopped yet).

EDIT : It was actually a yellow strip that was removed.
EDIT2 : And it was velcro, not tape.
Actually you were wrong, there was a yellow strip which was removed when the car was in the pits. When entering the track again,the strip was gone
Was it not strips of velcro? Hence the remaining black...

I'm not sure about this idea, would take away the skill in keeping an eye on if your competitors have pitted or not.
Quote from keiran :Was it not strips of velcro? Hence the remaining black...

It's the principle, not the method
Quote from keiran :Was it not strips of velcro?

you are correct
-1 for me, dont think we really need it in the grand scheme of things.
I think that is one nifty idea, and I'd like to see it implemented in some of the series on this side of the pond for spectator purposes :P

As to its use in LFS, I'm indifferent. I'm not against, or behind it.
#7 - 50-3
#8 - Davo
I liek this option. +1
isn't it more important to see it as a driver than as a tv viewer when you are playing the sim?
Quote from al heeley :isn't it more important to see it as a driver than as a tv viewer when you are playing the sim?

I think the most important thing would be to see if the car behind you has made it's stop yet ^^
Well there's definitely an argument for it being something which your crew-chief would be able to tell you. (Certainly a huge proportion of racing which involves pit stops also has pit-to-car radio, and even if it didn't, the crew could make the decision to stop and use the pit board to tell you). So it wouldn't really be wrong for LFS to make you aware of it in a different way and let you make the decision with the information that would be available to your crew IRL.
#13 - axus
+1 but I don't like mandatory pitstops anyway.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG