The online racing simulator
1 hotlap movie
(40 posts, started )
#1 - kaynd
1 hotlap movie
This is my first attempt to make an lfs movie.

The main reason was to get used to lfs cameras.
Unfortunately my old athlon xp 3000+ is far from been ideal for video capture-editing even being overclocked @2600Mhz and having 2gb ram and decent disk space, so I had to record @ 15fps in ¼ replay speed to be able to have a ½ playback speed with 30fps for some scenes of my video.
I need a code2duo ASAP

I chose that hotlap because it made me try really hard only to reach the benchmark…

Desperate hotlaping
File size 70 MB
Duration 3:02 min
Resolution 1024 x 600
Video codec Windows Media Video 9 Professional

sorry for the files front link

I would de glad if you can suggest me another free upload site which does not delete the uploaded files after a period of time.

Youtube link coming soon… still processing… illepall

edit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAL7OxsMWJU
beautiful i like in-car camera view
I wasn't actually expecting much, boy was I suprised, very nice video.
Awesome video! I love these high quality high FPS videos. Could have done with some anti-aliasing in game though.
Brilliant, just brilliant
#6 - kaynd
Thank you all for your comments.

I tried with the AA on (2x and 4x) but I had much much lower fps while recording, even in lower resolutions, making capture impossible even in 1/8 replay speed.
This is weird because I have an 6800Ultra, so it’s no way this could cause low fps.
It seems like cpu is getting extra work trying to capture ΑΑ frames.
Tried different vga drivers and fraps versions but nothing changed

Anyway I must upgrade my system…

Btw Youtube link is ready
well done, except the anti alaising

btw: my WMP plays sound but graphics is very "greenish" and my VLC plays graphics but sound stops every second for a second... :/ (had to play sound in wmp and graphics in vlc and press start in both programs ^^)
#8 - kaynd
Hmm this sounds like a codec problem.
Yes wmv made the movie look a little bit “greenish” comparing to the source videos but just a bit.

Try playing with media player classic. it’s a pity you had to watch the movie like this.

I stil can’t imagine how you managed to press «play» in both players simultaneously,i guess using hotkeys but its still difficult.:biggrinfl

Thanks for watching
as Hammond once said - it's TV Driving, wont get you a fast laptime, but its fun, and is a blast to look at
The first three drifting shots “to warm the tires” made just for the movie… the rest is from my actual hot lap whitch is uploaded to lfs word. 1:56.00

Thanks
Whoah. Less is more

This is one of the best LFS movies here.
8/10. Perfect camera work, very good quality, only synchronization in some moments not too good, but still, it is one of the best videos i have seen last few months.
It's great... First i downloaded the YouTube version, but than i wanted the better quality one, because it's great..
#14 - d6nn
8.5/10
whats that music?
Thank all of you.
It’s an honor for me all that comments.

The synchronization was a little bit difficult because it’s a given amount of scenes that I had to fit in a certain amount of time. I started confident that it would fit and then I realized that I had spent too much time for the introduction… I hardly managed to fit the normal lap and that’s why I may have messed up some scenes especially close to end…
I tried to keep synchronized (in a way) as many scenes as I could.

Te song is track 11 “Pieces” from the alum “Chuck” of the group “Sum41”
Great movie. Sum 41 is the shit!
Your movie is looking good - if it is your first attempt like you said. I like the camerawork and smooth-looking cuts. Just BTW, Sum41 seemes to be very favourite soundtrack in LFS movies, IIRC there are at least 3 that has it! Punks not DEAD!!
Quote from MadCatX :Your movie is looking good - if it is your first attempt like you said. I like the camerawork and smooth-looking cuts. Just BTW, Sum41 seemes to be very favourite soundtrack in LFS movies, IIRC there are at least 3 that has it! Punks not DEAD!!

Yes...i think, that two czech movies have this soundtrack too
i realy enjoyd watching that, great job keep it going
:wow:

I usually really do not like drift movies, or mixed drift/hl scenes, but this movie was one of the best I have seen until now.

9/10, because synchronisation was not perfect all the time, but a great movie anyways.
10/10 well done mate! better than all mine!
Awesome vid mate!
Very nice video, and pretty good driving.
kaynd>
So you recorded the video with Fraps, set in full size. Did you compress it to lower resolution, eg.512X380 or left it in 1024x600 before uploading it to YouTube?
And which program did you use for compressing? VirtualDub, Vegas?
Youtube has that tip in the upload page.

Videos saved with the following settings convert the best:
  • MPEG4 (Divx, Xvid) format
  • 320x240 resolution
  • MP3 audio
  • 30 frames per second framerate
Well that’s for 4:3 aspect ratio, mine video is something like 16:9.
So I compressed that to 320x188 το keep my aspect ratio and used Xvid codec with a realy hi bit rate for that resolution I think 3000+kbps. (the upload limit is 100mb)
Keep in mind that the higher the source video quality is the better the compressed version of that will be.
I just decided to resize it (not leave it to the auto resize system youtube has) and use the codec they recommend.

All the work done using Vegas 6

Thank again all of you for the kind comments

1 hotlap movie
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG