The online racing simulator
Outgauge for a multi monitor setup ?
Maybe a stupid question, but is het possible to use outgauge for a multi monitor setup.
Send info to a second computer (with LFS running) so I can have a different view there?
#2 - Jakg
Erm - No
Can you be more specific about what you want exactly? Do you want Infos like Tire Temp or RPMs or laptimes displayed on a second Display?

Here is somebody in German using the G15 that can show him live all valuable Information from LFS on his G15.

Look at the little Monitor next to the Steering Wheel, it gives the driver live information about everything he would like to know

http://www.virtual-racingcockpit.com/images/rig_2.jpg

Here is how RPM is getting displayed on a G15, this works with LFS, GTR2, GTL...

http://www.kamelstall.de/G15OutGauge.wmv
If you have dual screens on a single computer, why not?
Hell you could also connect to outgauge from another computer on the network and use that monitor. For that matter you could use outgauge from across the internet as long as you open the correct ports.

Jakg, am I going insane or where you not reading that one right, or am I not reading that one right?
#5 - Jakg
OutGauge relays information like speed and rpm - using it to display a 3D model is impossible
Quote from Jakg :OutGauge relays information like speed and rpm - using it to display a 3D model is impossible

Yea, I did read it wrong, thanks for the clear up.
Oke, so outgauge can not sent information about your position on the track to a second computer?
Is there a other way to give that info to a second and thirth computer?
I'm asking because I have 2 extra computers and I want to use them for a left and right view.
The only way I can do that now is when I log in with a different user name on each computer.
There must be a easer way, I hope.
#8 - Jakg
Just use a TripleHead2Go and multi screen - no other way afaik
TripleHead2Go = 299 euro
3 x 19" screen = 600 euro
8800GTS = 480 euro

At this moment a little to much for me.
I hoped for a cheaper solution...(I already have 2 extra computers + crt screens)
Something like this?

You just need the second machine to join the server and spectate, then use a custom camera. However we don't have adjustable FOV centers so the images won't blend into one.
Yes that's what I want , but I can't join a server with 3 computers and one username.
I'm afraid I just have to wait till I have enough money for a TripleHead2Go and a fast videocard (a 6800GT won't do the job)
I'm only using two computers, my cards have dual outputs. I thought that was pretty standard now?
Quote from Bob Smith :I'm only using two computers, my cards have dual outputs. I thought that was pretty standard now?

3 x s2 licences is cheaper then your other option?
Sorry, you've lost me there.
I only have one S2 license, which allows me to unlock on two PCs for LAN play, exactly what I was doing in that screenshot.
I have these two systems anyway, being able to (awkwardly) use the third monitor for LFS also is just a bonus.
Yes, that only works on a LAN,
I always play online
Quote from Bob Smith :Sorry, you've lost me there.
I only have one S2 license, which allows me to unlock on two PCs for LAN play, exactly what I was doing in that screenshot.
I have these two systems anyway, being able to (awkwardly) use the third monitor for LFS also is just a bonus.

sorry, quoted the wrong message
You could use LFS-TV for this . LFS-TV is a program that can be used to download and watch mpr files in real time. Your multiplayer replays are saved as mpr files.

Basically you would need to install LFS on the three computers (one license is enough) and also install LFS-TV for these three computers. These three computers need to be connected, or in other words, the other 2 computers need to be connected with the driving computer. Basically you set the "driving" computer to transmit the mpr files and the other 2 are recieving. Basically this works offline as well, but to record mpr files you need to be multiplayer mode in LFS. The other 2 computer do not need access to internet so they do not use you bandwidth. The other 2 computers' displays are set up so that they show the sideviews or whatever you want them to show and the middle screen is showing the driving view. With this the other two computers have a slight delay in time but you can set them up just the way you want, with.

Obviously the negative sides of doing this would be the costs of having three separate computers to operate. Without any scripting and programming you would need to manually select the mpr files for each computers inside LFS. Not very practical solution but by doing it this way you could have all the positive sides of using three monitors. Separate viewpoints (=no distortion on edges), separate antialiasing settings, fovs etc.. And have 3 computers

Using 3x TH2G for 3 monitors 600€
Buying 9 monitors and three computers 6500€
Using LFS-TV and having 9 displays for LFSsing at the same time. Priceless!
Don't forget you have to unlock S2 in order to watch S2 replays. So it would take some time to get up to the 9 unlock area that you were thinking of hyper.
Quote from Dygear :Don't forget you have to unlock S2 in order to watch S2 replays. So it would take some time to get up to the 9 unlock area that you were thinking of hyper.

Just 3 unlocks, just 3. One per computer
I thought you could only unlock on 2 machines according to the license agreement?
Quote from Bob Smith :I thought you could only unlock on 2 machines according to the license agreement?

To the EULA!!! If ya can't, I could see why. Don't want to devs getting screwed. But seeing as he is only person using it, I don't see such an issue.

Everyone remember to hug your devs.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG