The online racing simulator
RB5 to rival the LRF cars
(24 posts, started )
This would kill three birds with one and a half stones.

RB5 would be 4WD (like the RB4), but 2.5L straight 5 (possibly twin turbo if needed) - and with a more butch body kit - think Skyline. Then the GTR class could be sorted.

GTR1 : Reserve for supercars, I posted how they should work. - 1 like the McLaren F1, 1 like the Lister Storm and 1 like the Bugatti EB110.
GTR2 : RBR (RB5 GTR), FZR (FZ50 GTR) and L6R (LX6 GTR - if we really need a 3rd car in that class).
GTR3 : FXR and XRR (possibly L4R - LX4 GTR)
GTR4 : UFR and XFR (XGR - XR NA GTR, the RWD rival).

Then there would be a 4WD LRF car and a way of sorting out the GTRs by making some tweaks to the model and the new physics for the car.

That would sort out the GTR classes.
Quote from duke_toaster :This would kill three birds with one and a half stones.

RB5 would be 4WD (like the RB4), but 2.5L straight 5 (possibly twin turbo if needed) - and with a more butch body kit - think Skyline. Then the GTR class could be sorted.

GTR1 : Reserve for supercars, I posted how they should work. - 1 like the McLaren F1, 1 like the Lister Storm and 1 like the Bugatti EB110.
GTR2 : RBR (RB5 GTR), FZR (FZ50 GTR) and L6R (LX6 GTR - if we really need a 3rd car in that class).
GTR3 : FXR and XRR (possibly L4R - LX4 GTR)
GTR4 : UFR and XFR (XGR - XR NA GTR, the RWD rival).

Then there would be a 4WD LRF car and a way of sorting out the GTRs by making some tweaks to the model and the new physics for the car.

That would sort out the GTR classes.

I honestly don't think there needs to be categories like those you have outlined above, and I really don't think the LX race spec version should be shoe-horned into a class to compete with other vehicles either, it should be made to be fun, not compromised so it can compete with other cars. The current GTR class of FZR, XRR, and FXR is fine, it just needs further (extensive) fine-tuning. Why mess that all around further to slot another 4WD racing car in there?

The UFR/XFR class is fine too (finally we have a genuinely close and competitive class, which I would be loath to mess around with). If there should be a light-weight NA XR race-car, which I do like the idea of, then put it in a one-make class (they do exist IRL remember) so that A: it will be tuned for fun or realism (if they follow a real world equivalent), and B: it won't affect the use of the XFR/UFR class cars.

EDIT: Of course all just my opinion, and I have always been anti-car-classes since day one
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
OMG. Why always after some kind of suggestion like this, people are screaming: 'No! No! what for?! der wheel bee no kompetitour! no!'

If there will be no competitor, we can get another car to compete with. Simple.

Why there must be 3 cars per class? Why not 4? Why not 10?
Or maybe there shouldnt be any car?

The more cars - the better.
Quote from pasibrzuch :
The more car - the better.

The more balanced cars, the better. Only then, more cars.
If we get new cars, I'd like to see new cars, not just some tune-up, tune-down or slightly modified versions of the current cars.

RB5 :snail: anyway
---
The big GTRs could have one car more. A mid-engine NA RWD car.
Delete all but one car, which can be a bigger box with four boxes as wheels.
Balancing can be done by adding more vehicles too.
Let's say, we get brand new 3.0 V6 biturbo rwd 300bhp into 'turbo' class. It will be outstanding, so... hokus pokus - there are another two cars, balanced to the new one. Now we've got 6 cars in turbo class. 3 slower, 3 faster.

OK, thats silly example, but that's how I think it could look.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't we already have an AWD GTR car? What's this RB5 for? And how would making it as fast as the FZR create a new car to "rival" the LRF class - which are much slower than the FZR?

I meant the RB5 to be LRF, and the RB5 GTR to rival the FZR. Sorry for any confusion.
Quote from duke_toaster :I meant the RB5 to be LRF, and the RB5 GTR to rival the FZR. Sorry for any confusion.

But if you look at the RB5 it would probably be very close to FXR. In every way. Weight distribution, power curve, torque curve, size etc.. It would just look a bit different.

And LX4R...?

If we need new cars, we need a mid-engine super car and LX8. Maybe even something with 400hp, rwd and no aero

Or...SUVs!!!1
Plaaaah! All we need is RWD competitor for the small GTRs we have now!
#11 - Vain
Quote from Blackout :Plaaaah! All we need is RWD competitor for the small GTRs we have now!

And good balancing of the existing cars.
The bad balancing is really what kills the online experience most. Of all things LFS lacks.
So before you add new cars, balance the existing cars.
(...Or just add so many that we can select them ourselves to fit each other. Eric? 200 new cars, presto!)

Vain
Well I'd really like to see a 'supercar' class with higher power road legal cars power-to-weight-ratio about 500hp to 1500kg). There should/could be

-a mid-engined car (maybe a RAS(port) with a turbo'ed 6 cylinder engine, think the new Noble),
-a FZT (4wheel-drive and turbo'ed FZ5 a.k.a. Porsche 911 Turbo) and
- a FR car with a big V8 (think Corvette Z06).

And it would be nice to change the engines of the XRR/FXR: I don't think that there are racing cars with 4 cylinder engines that put out almost 500 hp. I know that it is possible to have 4 bangers as powerful as that (I once read about an Evo with 1000hp) but I doubt that there are actual racing cars like that. The only ones I could think about would be the JGTC Imprezas, but they put out only about 300hp.
Quote from severin_schoepke :
-a mid-engined car (maybe a RAS(port) with a turbo'ed 6 cylinder engine, think the new Noble),
-a FZT (4wheel-drive and turbo'ed FZ5 a.k.a. Porsche 911 Turbo) and
- a FR car with a big V8 (think Corvette Z06).

They would just be like LRF+ , I was thinking more early to mid 90's stuff like Lister Storms, McLaren F1s and EB110 (the ideas I posted were to be ripoffs of those cars).

Quote :And it would be nice to change the engines of the XRR/FXR: I don't think that there are racing cars with 4 cylinder engines that put out almost 500 hp.

I'd imagine a WRC car without the air restrictor could put out 500 hp. Please could a Rallycross nut (RallyX Supercars are unrestricted WRC cars AFAIK) put me right please.
well, if we get a class of FZR,LX6R, and RB5R who will want to drive the slower XR and FXR when they an drive another 4WD or RWD car in a higher class?
I want:
Supercar>1 like the McLaren F1, 1 like the Lister Storm and 1 like the Bugatti EB110.
GT1>RAC GTR, FZ GTR, LX GTR
GT2>XR GTR, RB4 GTR, FXO GTR
GT3>XF GTR, UF GTR, XR NA GTR
.... -1
Quote from noel_cr :.... -1

So you drive only drive ONE car in lfs?
And better don't think about Koenigsegg in lfs. There will be no additional cars for you!
Quote from pasibrzuch :So you drive only drive ONE car in lfs?
And better don't think about Koenigsegg in lfs. There will be no additional cars for you!

The suggestion isn't simply to add more cars to LFS, so I don't know why you have said that, and your previous posts are just as obscure, even though the basic message you appear to be sending is that any contrasting or alternative opinion is negative. Wrong (IMO)

We all want more cars, but I, like others, disagree with the ideas in the original post (we discuss things in this way on this forum), I think they're mainly flawed and/or unnecessary (IMO). An RB5R, or whatever, would be a waste of time if all it did was replace the very similar FXR. The LX race version we are all hoping for should be based on a real life equivalent and used as a one make series type car, and not compromised to compete with cars it would never compete in the same class with IRL. (IMO)

There are much better ways to make the most of the few cars which we are blessed with upon the arrival of the all-too-infrequent updates. (IMO) (IMO) (IMO)
Quote from scania :I want:
Supercar>1 like the McLaren F1, 1 like the Lister Storm and 1 like the Bugatti EB110.
GT1>RAC GTR, FZ GTR, LX GTR
GT2>XR GTR, RB4 GTR, FXO GTR
GT3>XF GTR, UF GTR, XR NA GTR

That's basically my idea - exept that supercar GTR versions would be GT1 and all would be one lower down (Your GT1 my GT2 etc.)
Quote from sinbad :The suggestion isn't simply to add more cars to LFS, so I don't know why you have said that, and your previous posts are just as obscure, even though the basic message you appear to be sending is that any contrasting or alternative opinion is negative. Wrong (IMO)

Because that:
Quote from sinbad :We all want more cars

just isn't true after reading many topics like this.

Everytime someone post an idea of new class, opponent for the existing class or brand new car, someone 'ultra-clever' comes and says: "What for?"
And what's the point? Any argument maybe please? Or be more positive to life and try to think how to fix that idea to keep LFS with sense.
After many discussions and propositions, when some of them are really good, another 'ultra-clever' guy comes and says: 'what for?'

And what was that post?
Quote from noel_cr : .... -1

Brail or what?
Quote from pasibrzuch :Because that:

just isn't true after reading many topics like this.

Everytime someone post an idea of new class, opponent for the existing class or brand new car, someone 'ultra-clever' comes and says: "What for?"
And what's the point? Any argument maybe please? Or be more positive to life and try to think how to fix that idea to keep LFS with sense.
After many discussions and propositions, when some of them are really good, another 'ultra-clever' guy comes and says: 'what for?'

And what was that post?

Brail or what?

Well you certainly decided what noel_cr's post meant straight away.

Where do you get off by suggesting that people make conflicting or opposing posts just to make themselves appear "ultra-clever"? How arrogant you are to assume that people posting a contrasting opinion only do it to show how clever they are or just to be argumentative. Just what makes you, your opinion or your posts so much better than anybody else's?

"Good" is an opinion! You saying a suggestion is good doesn't mean everyone thinks it is good!! We discuss improvement suggestions within the "Improvement Suggestions" section of the forum. If you don't want opinions, don't post your suggestion here, email it to the devs.

And where on earth do you get the idea of not everybody wanting more cars?? Maybe not everyone wants the cars YOU want. Well guess what, they're entitled to their opinion and right to express it as much as you are.
Maybe if he could write any word in post we all will be able know what he meant exactly...

My God, are you advocate of someone? If you don't like my words pm a moderator.
I didn't wrote anywhere that my posts are better than any other.
I don't know if everybody wants the cars I want, because I didn't requested any.
I am positive to any request of others, and I'm not writing -1 or 'what for?' just because I have no idea how to class that car or I'm not liking that kind of cars.

Drift cars? sure
monster trucks? why not
nascar? give it up
WRC? damn yes!
karts? yes
WTCC? ok
supercars? hooray!
road cars? yep
offroad? cool
any other? yes, yes and yes!

Will not drive all of them, but why to get rid of happiness other people?
Quote from pasibrzuch :Maybe if he could write any word in post we all will be able know what he meant exactly...

My God, are you advocate of someone? If you don't like my words pm a moderator.
I didn't wrote anywhere that my posts are better than any other.
I don't know if everybody wants the cars I want, because I didn't requested any.
I am positive to any request of others, and I'm not writing -1 or 'what for?' just because I have no idea how to class that car or I'm not liking that kind of cars.

Drift cars? sure
monster trucks? why not
nascar? give it up
WRC? damn yes!
karts? yes
WTCC? ok
supercars? hooray!
road cars? yep
offroad? cool
any other? yes, yes and yes!

Will not drive all of them, but why to get rid of happiness other people?

Nothing against your words. Your first post in this thread was a blatant criticism of mine:
"OMG. Why always after some kind of suggestion like this, people are screaming: 'No! No! what for?! der wheel bee no kompetitour! no!'

If there will be no competitor, we can get another car to compete with. Simple.

Why there must be 3 cars per class? Why not 4? Why not 10?
Or maybe there shouldnt be any car?

The more cars - the better. "

And you continued in this way.

Hope this makes my response more clear to you.
I think the RB5 is a very good idea, just give it a little power advantage over the FZ5 because the RB5 would be heavier and a bit slower at corner entry. I always wanted a AWD car in the LRF class.

(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG