The online racing simulator
This is L.F.S.-an LFS intro video
(16 posts, started )
Hi everyone,this is my first LFS vid,and I'd really appreciate input from the community.

About the video:
Name(Unofficial-not seen in the video): "This is L.F.S."
Lenght: 2 minutes 8 seconds.
Filesize: 14(13.9) Megabytes.
Video codec: Windows media video V7
Audio codec: Windows media audio, 128kbps.

Video type: Intro-promo-trailer-ect.

I hope that atleast one person will watch it and comment.

Thunderhead.

Video download links:

Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/6513536/lfs_intro_v1.wmv

Megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LARP5RYW

Youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnZSHhj_oiY (FINALLY WORKS!!!)
#2 - d6nn
is niceee. very nice... some footage of the tml race? guess i saw my cars wing

9.5/10
I can't see the video on youtube. It says video has just recently been uploaded.illepall
Quote from d6nn :is niceee. very nice... some footage of the tml race? guess i saw my cars wing

9.5/10

Yeah,I used the TML footage for some clips.

and for youtube,I uploaded it just few minutes ago,it takes a litlle time,sorry about that.
It's really good. The idea of include almost all the cars (and race & drift) it's interesting because you include a general vision of LFS. Nice job man .
#6 - ebola
bloody marvellous!
wow

I think I can safely say this isnt the first movie you have ever made, the production is outstanding, the music in perfect synchronization, the effects flow seamlessly, the camera angles spot on... are you a professional?

fantastic work
Quote from hardcoreobscure :wow

I think I can safely say this isnt the first movie you have ever made, the production is outstanding, the music in perfect synchronization, the effects flow seamlessly, the camera angles spot on... are you a professional?

fantastic work

Professional-no.

Member of a local amateur video club- yes.

It's a bit weird to find out someone thinks I'm a pro,lol..
#9 - aoun
Really Really Really great video!
Great use of Vegas, especially for a first video! Are you using Vegas 6?
The "tunnel blur" (or whatever it is called) is a bit too intrusive and the LfS-Logo at the end is of horrible quality... Other than that, spot on!

It's also the first movie to really include every major racing way you can find in LfS: normal racing, drifting - even the odd oval found its way into the video... Bravo!
#12 - Davo
Really well done, very cool effects and camera angles. How long did it take to make and what did you use?
So, lets criticise
I really loved the first 40 seconds of the vid, and i was amazed by that camera movement at the BL hairpin ( i dunno why, but i was really like :O )
Then came the b&w part , which was good also, but for some reason i didn't like the autocross part ... for me it just didn't fit in :o
The last part of the movie was the "NOS boost!!11 blurred part"
I think it looked good for a short period of time, but i think the you put there too much of those speeded up parts . Imho it would be better if you'd put there parts like this > "fast|normal|fast|normal etc".
So these are my opinions about your video. The overall feeling was very good tho' , so i'd gave this video a 8,5/10 . Keep them coming !!!11 ^^
Answers to the questions:

@Davo: Took 5 days from the idea to the result. I was using Sony Vegas 7,which I borrowed(sp?),wanted to see what is new,since I have Vegas 5......

@MataGyula: I wanted to show as many aspects and features of LFS as possible with material(replays) I had. That is the reason for autocross part. And reason for the all that blur seemed apropriate(sp?) is well, IMO, going slow/fast /slow/fast in the last part of the vid didn't seem like something that will fit, as the song in its last part feels like its speeding up while constantly building up toward it's sudden end.

And...that's it.
Quite good mate, I really liked the scene with starting lights and that "speedo overlay".

Maybe you can use less blurrrrring next time, some scenes fall flat then IMO.
Really exciting video! it’s already in my favorited list at youtube and straight to my personal collection since the first day I saw it

Just forgot to write a commend

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG