Hello Programmers of the LFS World!

This is a request, (so shoot me).

Would It be possible for such a tool to be developed to do the following:
  • Detect when a yellow flag is thrown
  • Detect which car caused the flag
  • Detect the names of the drivers who receive the flag
  • Detect the speed of the cars following the yellow flag*
  • Produce an output in human readable formats
*Either those cars that receive the yellow flag, or of all cars in that sector of the track..

Basically, a tool that could give a league administrator some information about drivers slowing for yellow flags or not..

Im not a freeloader, im prepared to work on this myself, I really havent a clue with most things programming wise, and this seemed like the best thing to do for information first to see if this is possible?

If so, is there anyone willing to give it a go, and to possibly teach a noob too?

Thanks all. Seasons Greatings too.
No, nothing of this is possible, because InSim wasn´t touched again to implement the new features like Flags, Pit...
It's possible to detect a drop in speed in a given sector and cross reference that to previous laps to determine if a driver has slowed, but not when a yellow flag is thrown.

Most serious racers dont 'slow down' for yellows, they simply dont take chances, dont overtake, and keep an open mind about where they will place their car. There's no requirement to drive slowly outside of rental racing, you just dont push the envelope.
Thanks for the replies. Ill just give up.
#5 - dadge
Quote from Becky Rose :

Most serious racers dont 'slow down' for yellows, they simply dont take chances, dont overtake, and keep an open mind about where they will place their car. There's no requirement to drive slowly outside of rental racing, you just dont push the envelope.

i would have to agree with you there, i find it is much safer to still drive at "race" pace but to just be aware that a car might be facing the wrong way. if everyone slowed down, then imo the whole pack will be all driving with slightly different speeds and the chance of another crash is much higher. so if everyone still drove flat out but more aware then accidents will be easier to avoid. i think lol
Unfortunatly there is no InSim info on flags. IMO it should be in V.
I'll pipe in and agree with everyone else on yellow flags. They can affect my meager laptimes not because I slow down on purpose, but that I am concentrating on a possible spun car ahead and preparing to lift or brake somewhere where I may never need to normally.
Hey guys, sorry to drag up a old post.. i'd like something simular.. but with a few diff features

I'd like to see:

a list of all racers on screen so then i click on there name and go into another screen that displays a list of flags/commands

a few buttons to print on the screen like:

red flag - safty car

those sorta things

if anyone needs any further info/pricing please contact me

farmerfodder@lambosworld.co.uk

the APP will be used on the BTCC League server

Thanks in advanced

Dan aka Gizmo
thank you ill see if i can get in contact with the guy who made this and ask him to see if he can mod it.. but thx for the quick reply. your a (star)
Drive_LFSS project will be able to do all this....

The way is construsted, at anytime from anywhere you can know the Speed of a car, + soon i will code the pre-Collision detector, my goal is to predict with a high % of sucess that a player will cause trouble, like having a too high velocity into a curve where all car in front Break.

For the Interface that will make control all game feature and Admin Command, im into the codding of this for Drive_LFSS , so very soon will have a Graphic interface to control many thing as a racer or a admin.

+ League Administrator, Drive_LFSS will be soon able to work close as CTRA System, i mean with predefined Race_Template into database, will start/stop race and choses the next trackCar restriction, the database system for this is most complete, i just need to complete the ingame GUI interface.

The GUI interface will be design by button_template and interface_template from the database, so a admin will be able to customize it.

For stat Output, not very complicated, i save everything: Qualify/Race/Lap/Driver(Car/Licence) each of each is saved, completed or not a race is saved as is starting status and each lap is saved for moment event Bot got saved, but this will be removed at the end, for moment help me gather info.

Drive_LFSS has a simple c# script system, completely external as the Core project, so the file are pretty small and clean, so very easy to write a script, there is no many ScriptCall or Script->CoreCommand , but this take about 30 seconde to add a call/command, so i will do under user need, and for the moment ther is no user/tester for this project .

Hope you found your self interedted into that project and maybe will motivate you to learn more on coding

have a nice day.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG