The online racing simulator
Looking for a GOOD MOVIE editor.
(12 posts, started )
Hello everyone

I'm in the process of looking for a GOOD MOVIE EDITOR thats fairly priced and one that has the screen recorder option, I know everyone is going to say to buy fraps but the trial dosen't work for me, it'll play back with a green screen. I've went to Best Buy and asked some qustions about movie editors and if they have the Screen Recorder option and they all think i'm on drugs or something, I'm not trying to spend alot on this and alot to me is around $150 us. And the return policy at best buy on hardware is non returnable after you buy it, so Much needed HELP IS needed.
THANKS- Mike
Editing and recording are different tasks, also your recording (computer game output) is not usually the domain of video editing which focuses on film/camcorder. You're asking for two products.

The best option really is fraps in my view, although GameCam is also popular. The only other I know of is Hypercam.

Using a more 'film' traditional output method to DVD Recorder at TV res and then encoding again results in a lot of quality loss, so i'd stick to software solutions if possible.

Fraps will loose sync if you change from windowed/fullscreen mode whilst recording. Get to full screen mode then start recording and it should not give the green screen.
hello
Ok i'll give it a try, buy what's a good movie editor to edit my movie?
The two big boys are Sony Vegas and Adobe Premier, other top end solutions include Ulead Media Studio Pro and Apple's Finalcut Pro (Mac platform). Home user solutions are all just that, home user software... They tend to be simple and more point and click orientated, and are therefore all much the same.
hello
yes I've priced Sony Vegas and thats to much for me, looking for something less expensive compared to sony vegas, but on the other hand i want good quality as well but not looking to spend too much
hello
Have you ever heard of ACA SYSTEMS? It's a screen recorder Single License(?)
Buy Bundle and Save Money!
$29.95

Not sure on this but it's a bit cheaper then FRAPS
hello
Ok i'll give it a try then.
Since when is fraps a movie editor? I own a copy and AFAIK its a video capture tool. For actual video editing, i've used Ulead Media Studio and Adobe Premier, both are very good. Both can be downloaded for free if ya know where to go *wink wink*. Fraps is a great tool for capturing in-game video though, its totally worth the 20 bucks or whatever it is, i've had it for a few years now.
hello
Yes it's a monster, it also carries a monster price. $529.00
#11 - Davo
Try before you buy with The Pirate Bay and then if you find it really good buy it if its worth the money.
well theres a program called wax. it might not be good (too me) but give it a try.and its free find it at www.debugmode.com/wax
and also theres a program called Autodesk Combustion and version 4 costs $1,563 AUD but its really good.
Edit:there're acually video editing.with me movie maker is the closest i can get (since im 10 yrs old)

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG