The online racing simulator
question for reversed track sets
(5 posts, started )
hi,

why not take a standard set and just switch settings from left to right and use it on a reversed track? or is there anything i´m totally missing?

cheers,

roland
Perhaps the setup has asymetric camber settings and/or the tyre pressure is asymetric?
If not, there is no reason to use the "forward" setup on the reverse track. But some turns, when driven reverse may require some setup adjustments.
Swapping camber and tyre pressure won't get things perfect unless you swop the drivers side as well (which most people won't bother with). So they may require some tweaking.

Also gearing might need to be subtly different.
good point. so, is it a good enough thing to do to get started on a reverse track?

thanks
Also don't forget about elevation changes. You may need a stiffer suspension or more ground clearance if you're running a track with a downhill chicane versus running an uphill chicane.

I can guarantee that a car setup that works well for the Pikes Peak Hill Climb would not work too well on the way back down.
I think a totally neutral setup would be a better starting point than a setup optimized for a particular track/direction.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG