The online racing simulator
Quote from axus :Maybe you just rely too much on your speedo when you drive which is now inaccurate so you can't really rely on it... You shouldn't be looking at the speedo through corners. You'll go much faster without it...

And your saying this to the current WR holder in that car/track combo
#27 - axus
Quote from Glenn67 :And your saying this to the current WR holder in that car/track combo

Hotlappers. Pffffffft.
the big change for me was the speed reading. When the car jumps a bit or the wheels spin, the announced Km/h goes up a lot.

i was used to figure out how well im positioned in the curve by using the speed reading and the angle and "squid" sounds.... you know, things that help replace the real life feeling of the car.
But now, in most curves the wheel spin and the reading goes up lolll

its not a physic change but it affects my driving, maybe its whats going on with you guys too
Perhaps you run a slightly different view angle, perhaps the 'timing changes' that seem to be some part of the recent patches has a minor influence on input reactions or framerate, or even sound lag.. Things that don't change the physics but the 'experience' al be it slightly..
No they must be right, some people are being aided by the patch and some arn't....Check here is proof: PartyBoyU took the BLGP XFG WR when [DUcK] was struggling.

I have never been so sarcastic in my life, physics updates my furry ass!
Quote from Glenn67 :And your saying this to the current WR holder in that car/track combo

That's exactly the reason why he is slower: Used to the old, everytime right speedo and always looking at it to maximise speed rather than hearing and seeing (unfortunately, the feeling part can't be simulated) what the car is doing and reacting to that...

@spyshagg: I find the speed dropping under braking (when the wheels lock up, that is) is far worse than the speed jump with spinning tires... Maybe you run very little power lock at your diff?

Well Charles beat me but heh, talk about tempting fate? It's your fault he lost the WR!

Ps. Sorry for the OT reply, couldn't help it and I hope the sarcastc Charles stays.
Quote from Bawbag :It's your fault he lost the WR!

nah I think [DUck] would have been suprised it took PBU so long to take it back

Anyway I agree with most, in that it is subjective. (I just couldn't help but stir Axus, it's the aussie in me )
Anyone ever try LFS on someone elses rig, and be amazed at how hard it is to get good lap times whenever I drop over to my old mans place and do a few laps of LFS I can never get good lap times, always 0.5 - 1.0 sec off pace even though we have very similar hardware (down to the same wheel) but his is configured a little different to mine.
I find you become highly tuned to how you have everything setup and ANY changes will throw you for awhile so the way the speedo has changed will throw some people for a while I have no doubt...
Quote from Glenn67 :Anyone ever try LFS on someone elses rig, and be amazed at how hard it is to get good lap times

I know what you're talking about..
I had that same feeling when i played RBR or LFS at friends house.. It's like a different game or something..
I guess it's the same like with food.. Whenever i eat something at someone else's place, it tastes better than at my place..
yeah you guys are all right...
i think its just i had to get used to the speedo.. though i still could not manage under 33.12, got rid of the new patch and straight away hitting 33.0's, which is wierd coz i usually adapt to things very quickly, even if they are really different.. oh well

and yeah glen, im suprized at how damn long it took him to get it back
I have noticed the handling getting better for a while now. The cars seem to stick to the road better than it did 6 months ago.
Maybe just your driving skills improved?
That maybe so but I dont play LFS as often as I used to.
Measurable facts, not anecdotes...
Quote from Breizh :Measurable facts, not anecdotes...

Are you sure your not looking for a thread where they post riddles?
i think what hes saying is that the cars dont seem to slide everywhere like they used to, and i feel it too...

^^ id like to have cars that stick to the road a little better, or maybe make it so that drifting in certain cars make it slower or somehting >.< i hate seeing people sliding all the time, it makes me want to... *stabs door*
People, people..

If anything changed (which it did NOT), your replays would go out of sync, and people would be JOOSing (going out of sync online) all the time.

Drifting is already slower than a proper line.
Quote from Arsenic_Fox :^^ id like to have cars that stick to the road a little better

They do stick to the road very well.
Maybe try looking at your speedometer and see what speeds are you doing. Now, imagine doing those speeds in real life.
Or, you could try and take a car and stick to the speed limit that is in your neighboorhood, or in the public roads, and use gentle steering inputs like you do in a real car, and tell me if you have any sliding or something..
I can bet it's the new sounds, you don't realise how much information they give until they are changed.

You really think Scawen would change the physics without documenting it? Not to mention how online play would be all to pot and replays out of synch.
i notice no differnce, perhaps because i dont look for them :O
ok, lets settle this once and for all.

F1perfview can be used to do a comparison of the laps.

do a drag run, a skid pad run, and a lap around aston north in each version.

compare

receive answer in concrete numbers.

feel gratified in knowing the answer like a rat that just got kibble for pushing a button
Holy cow guys.

Once and for all:

It CANNOT be different, otherwise it would not work to race with other versions. Period. There is no ifs, ands, or buts about it. It's NOT different. Stop wasting space on the forum poasting about it, and in your head thinking about it.

Not to mention that Scawen would've mentioned changes to the tire physics

Shape up!

Spinoff : apparent physics changes in test patches
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG