The online racing simulator
Who's Your Tip for the F1 Crown?
(53 posts, started )
Quote from Mr.Ferret :Yeah you probaly have a point there. Ive seen Alonso all he does is drive it like i do the BF1 throws it at a corner and says "Save me Traction Control!" So unless the new Merc is up to that...

I recall reading somewhere that McLaren already designed a new front wing, an exact copy of the Renault R26's wing.

What Alonso asks, they'll do.
Quote from yegadoyai :It will be a red bull white wash.

DC will help the team secure the Constructors Championship with solid if uninspired driving while Webber will maybe not always have the pace to see off the Ferrari but will be far more consistant than Massa and get a big enough points lead over Kimi in the initial races that he can coast to victory with 2nds and 3rds in the latter part of the season.

Alonso will be gutted that his car loves to park up after 20 laps and have a smoke, Hamilton will cause much destruction at the start after a spectacular first qually and subsequently be replaced by Mika - Ron Dennis loves me - Hakkinen.

Button and Rubens will show marked improvements but will ultimately fail, time after time after time.

Do we even need to mention the Renaults? They will be nowhere, I wouldn't trust Giancarlo to finish a race if his life depended on it, he is nowhere under pressure and his new team mate is not going to inspire him to greatness. I feel sorry that Kovalainen is having to to take 2nd spot to Giancarlo.

Everyone else will be further back, I don't think the Toyotas will have much to do with the championships beyond the first few flyaway races.

If all that were to come true! i would be ecstatic!...god i hope Webber wins Melb, ill be there!
Quote from Mr.Ferret :Yeah you probaly have a point there. Ive seen Alonso all he does is drive it like i do the BF1 throws it at a corner and says "Save me Traction Control!" So unless the new Merc is up to that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_oB3u82dyg - Alonso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STDAp-KG6CU - Button

Comparison. The only huge difference is the initial turn in, Alonso gets the front end to bite and it works well. I very much doubt he screams out for Traction Control when any team will say that the quickest way is to use minimal TC. Button probably likes his car setup with a good balance front to rear but Alonso probably likes the balance towards understeer giving him more rear traction. Probably one of the factors why Alonso always seems to have great traction to his competitors. On subject of driving styles the two I enjoy watching most are Kimi and Alonso.

It's hard to see what will happen next year with two of the best drivers on the grid swapping teams. I have a feeling that Kimi will dominate from start to end. Massa started coming better towards the end of the season but I've still not witnessed him have to fight someone hard. Anytime I have it usually ended in tears or him giving the other driver hand gestures when it was his fault

I reckon Lewis Hamilton will be somewhere around Alonso in pace from the word go. As has been said by current F1 drivers & test drivers with the V8s it's not so hard for the drivers coming from GP2 to adjust. Look at Rosberg, bloody impressive first race taking fastest lap. He also has more mileage in the car with Alonso stuck in his contract to the end of the year along with Kimi as well.

Lewis has been impressive in everything he has done and I doubt that's going to fade away although McLaren need to pick themselves up and recover big time. Although we've seen them do it before, so they aren't a team to discount.

Who's Your Tip for the F1 Crown?
(53 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG