The online racing simulator
Problem with sound in CSR :/
(10 posts, started )
Hey guys, i have a problem with sound that i cant solve it. I have been searching on forum if anyone have the same problem than me but i dnt find anything :/.

The problem is: when the revolutions increase or decrease the sound of engine sounds really bad; with "interferences". Before, i was using old versions of CSR (ESM001,002, etc...) and i hadn't this problem. Now, it happens with all the cars.
I dont know any solution... if anyone know how to solve it please help me.
I'm using U30 & the last version of CSR (0.31).

Thanks beforehand! (& srry for me english, im learning :P)
I don't undestand what do you mean. Sound crackling?
mmmh... i try to explain but srry for my english
Im testing the problem in user mode of CSR --> where u can put the exact revolutions for test how is the sound (using the mouse).
If i choose a number for revolutions for try the sound (with mouse) for example...mmh 7000 the sound is good and there isn't "interferences". But when i increase or decrease the revolutions (moving the mouse to a side)
the sound it's very bad (yeah crackling! :/).
Thats why, in lfs always the sound have interferences, because always the revolutions are increasing and decreasing.
I dont know if you can understand me... srry for my poor english again .
I hope this helps you out..
Quote from fire fox :Is it just me, or is the sound is all out of sync and makes a cracking noise. Is it because its a w.i.p or its just me?
Anyway, still a great program though

Quote from deggis :fire fox: try CSR with high priority (in the windows task manager).

This is how to do it:
Quote from kdesser :First open CSR.
Then press CTRL-ALT-DEL so you get the Windows Task Manager.
On the processes tab there should be a CSR.exe running.
Right-click it and "set priority" to "high".

I had to set mine to Above Normal to make CSR work properly. Setting priority to HIGH can cause other issues, so I would avoid that. Just go up one priority level.

If not any better - it might be you sound card drivers, try downloading the latest ones for your soundcard.
i try puting the lfs in high priority but there isn't changes :/. Thx for the suggestion, but it didn't work.
Anyone has a problem similar than me?
CSR.exe needs to be higher priority, not LFS.exe.
mmmh yeah, it meant CSR srry
Perhaps the master volume level is just too loud in general? Also, do you race with the 'in game' engine sounds on or off?
on, but the problem is in CSR...
I 've the problem also in user mode (the mode for edit the sounds in CSR) .
Ok, don't worry guys. I'm always playing without CSR.... default sounds rules - hehe.
I will wait even Jacek's patch.
i cant get sounds to load into csr to be put in game ive hcnaged the outguage lines still nothing

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG