The online racing simulator
How does this work?
(51 posts, started )
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Hahaaa... atleast our inmates know how cars skid and how to draw them!
Attached images
liukasta.jpg
You forgot #3 - the wheels aren't attached to the car
Quote from Bob Smith :No wonder the vehicle is skidding, the designers made two key mistakes:
1. a three wheeled vehicle
2. forgot to add suspension

Ah clearly that is indicating that the reason this vehicle is sliding around is that it is dropping oil at an alarming rate, thus making the road dangerous for following cars. Incredibly specific and no doubt a glaring omission from many of the UK slippery surface signs.
Quote from sinbad :Ah clearly that is indicating that the reason this vehicle is sliding around is that it is dropping oil at an alarming rate, thus making the road dangerous for following cars.

youd be surprised how quickly those signs are put in place whenever a car spills oil all over the road in germany
Quote from Blackout :Hahaaa... atleast our inmates know how cars skid and how to draw them!

Now, THATS a proper slippery surface sign, more power to your road and highways department
The short skid mark is from the front right tyre and the long one is from the rear left.
#34 - CSU1
Yep! this is the first day I've seen nothing but tripe aound here; soooo boaring, im so funky board> I KNOW......:bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g :bannana_g LETS DANCE

C'mon who wants to dance>>>
Quote from Gentlefoot :The short skid mark is from the front right tyre and the long one is from the rear left.

Actually, you're kinda right. If you give some artistic liberty to the curves used that is.
Screenshots below are the same instance, different viewpoints.
The first one just shows the skid marks of the one set of tyres.

Hooray for LFS as a tool for scientific analysis of roadsigns.
Attached images
stupidskidmark.jpg
stupidskidmark2.jpg
Quote from xaotik :Actually, you're kinda right. If you give some artistic liberty to the curves used that is.
Screenshots below are the same instance, different viewpoints.
The first one just shows the skid marks of the one set of tyres.

Hooray for LFS as a tool for scientific analysis of roadsigns.

Wow - that's never happened before. I was expecting some one to try and pick an argument about it. That's what ususally happens on this forum.
#37 - CSU1
All I want todo is dance no argue
Quote from Gentlefoot :Wow - that's never happened before. I was expecting some one to try and pick an argument about it. That's what ususally happens on this forum.

No it's not

Nice research there xaotik. Point well proven.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This also sheds some more light into it incase there's any doubt.

Dr xaotik, phD Skidology
Attached images
furtherproof.jpg
I think that plate just shouldn't exist at all. Useless! If you don't know your car might slide on some surfaces, you shouldn't be on that road. Sorry for the seriousness, but I just had to say it ... *arrrrgh"
You don't drive in real life do you?
Quote from tristancliffe :You don't drive in real life do you?

Learning My instructor even told me those plates are acutually quite useless, and if you drive like you should, the plate should have no meaning to it.
Quote from sgt.flippy :My instructor even told me those plates are acutually quite useless, and if you drive like you should, the plate should have no meaning to it.

That could mean several things:
  • roads in Belgium are always slippery
  • you always have complete visibility of what's coming up (no sharp bends or other obstructions - mountain roads are definetely a no-go for you guys)
  • you got no areas that are notorious for getting black ice on the road
  • your instructor drives only in the areas he instructs in and goes only at speeds that are similar to those in driving class
It could have just been two motorcycles were there before.
Quote from xaotik :you always have complete visibility of what's coming up (no sharp bends or other obstructions - mountain roads are definetely a no-go for you guys)

theyve got streetlamps on their highways ... go figure
Okay, we don't have many blind spots, but here they have those signs often even on a straight road, no change of surface, nothing there... Just the sign, oh noos, it'll go slippery from now on illepall
Quote from Shotglass :theyve got streetlamps on their highways ... go figure

Actually, we only have streetlights on ours at the border with your country...
Just to make you look cheap :P

Drive from Germany into the Netherlands and you drive into the light...
Drive from Belgium into the Netherlands and you drive into a black hole since we don't have streetlights at that border. illepall
Quote from TagForce :Actually, we only have streetlights on ours at the border with your country...
Just to make you look cheap :P

Drive from Germany into the Netherlands and you drive into the light...
Drive from Belgium into the Netherlands and you drive into a black hole since we don't have streetlights at that border. illepall

That's why you look so cheap
And whoever posted the yellow one, that's only used when there is a construction site, otherwise it should be white. The belgian version looks quite normal. (There was a poster with all traffic signs, and important ones from other countries with the paper today )
Quote from sgt.flippy :
And whoever posted the yellow one, that's only used when there is a construction site, otherwise it should be white.

What do you mean it should be white? Belgian guy, without a license, comes to tell what kind of signs we shoul have, hah! That is the slippery road sign we use here, we don't have any signs with white backround really, when you think about it, it might be because of the white snow at the winter doooh. Don't see that sign much, usually with extra plate which says that saltening has been reduced next x kilometres, or if the road is resurfaced.
Don't laugh at me for not having a license... Soon... And I passed my theory so I know my signs well enough ;-)

And I wrongly remembered you were from spain, and when they have these plates in yellow in spain, it means there is construction

And about the plate, ours is the same drawing, just the yellow is white, so it's evenly correct

How does this work?
(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG