The online racing simulator
Down Shift throttle blip also happens in up shift!
Hi, Sorry if this has been covered...I dont get on the forum too often.

I found this out after I got my Logitech G25. With "Down shift auto throttle blip", I notice that the car also blips the throttle when I upshift as well, which is useless and annoying. I really would like to see this bug fixed. Thanks!
Are you lifting off the throttle physically when you upshift? You have to do that. Auto blip on downshift should NOT be blipping on upshift if you are manually lifting your foot off the throttle when you upshift.

I can see where folks would think this if they are coming to LFS from one of the many arcade racing "games" such as NFS. In a racing "simulator" you have to lift your foot off the throttle yourself just as in real life. It is a simulator.
I noticed this too. If you use a shifter, the throttle blip occurs as soon as you go from gear to neutral.

Now, this is quite okay if you're downshifting, but as the system cannot possibly know what you're going to do, it also blips on upshifting. Guess it's time to learn some proper heel-toeing.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
And heel-toe is easy in LFS. You can't really get it wrong like IRL. In reality it's very hard to be smooth but in LFS you can get away with almost anything.
Rubbish - I can heel and toe almost any car in real life without thinking about it, even in my work boots. But I can barely string a good one together in LFS (on the G25, which is more likely a G25 pedal position issue).
-
That's true - I rarely lock up the driven wheels heel and toeing in LFS. Not like the other day in real life in the Orange Wedgemobile - that was scary braking from 70 to 35, down to 3rd (might have been 2nd) and Woah, half a turn of lock to keep it going straight!
Quote from tristancliffe :Rubbish - I can heel and toe almost any car in real life without thinking about it, even in my work boots. But I can barely string a good one together in LFS (on the G25, which is more likely a G25 pedal position issue).

Takes a bit of getting used to because you can over blip cars like the FOX because of the ridiculous throttle response. But as I said, you can get away with it. Over blipping in LFS doesn't really hurt you. Over blip in real life and the car lurches as you disengage the clutch.
When I try to heel/toe in LFS, I have to get up out of my chair, kick my a$$ over on the left cheek, twist my leg around to the left, then try to hold the pedals down with my left foot, while applying enough pressure on the brake with my right foot with the squashball mod, then I can blip the throttle and shift. Then I twist my right leg back to straighten, kick my a$$ back square in the seat, and I'm ready to turn the wheel for the corner. Makes it tough for those multiple corners that have enough room between for an up shift, then another downshift.

LFS may be easy with the right pedals to heel/toe, but definitely not with my momo's.
-
With the G25 this just results in pain, unfortunately

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG