The online racing simulator
Updates to come???
(32 posts, started )
Updates to come???
Does anyone have any knowledge of the additions that are to come on the new version of lfs??
It would be cool if you had things like visible oil on the track that could cause some interesting moments!!! Thicker tyre smoke (personnaly i think it's a bit thin).
Anyone got any clues as to what they are planning???
Just my two cents!
Well nobody knows, I guess there will be some improvements on the tyre model and maybe the differentials. Featurewise, we're up to a surprise, but it will take some time till anything new rolls out, as Scawen hasn't even started coding yet (or just started recently?).
I guess changing track conditions (rain, oil, mud, ect.) are planned for S3, but you can already have thicker smoke right now by using the smoke mod:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/kegetys/lfs/
Updates will come, they just won't be thick and fast.
..in time; but for the next 2 months or so you wont see to much progress
I live in hope of a patch per month. But Scawen says they don't tend to release 'boring' patches unless necessary. They like to wait until they have something 'cool' to add to.

I'm still waiting for the skidmarks patch!
I think radiator damage / engine heat is planned for the final IIRC

Got the temp guage now so....

Maybe the FPS gauge will be oil pressure?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Well... I had a smash tonight in the Formula XR, a big smash but nothing really special, and I had been leading so I tried to trundle back to the pits. I could just about get to 40mph in 5th, and it sounded bad. I don't think I ended up in a silly gear at silly speed during the accident, so I had to assume the impact did it.

I've never seen engine damage happen like that before. Am I imagining things?

.. Never seen such a thing myself. I do hope they tweak the damage sensitivities for the final also, it seems like they will.... I can't wait to see what they have in store for the updates as far as new features but I hope that first they complete the things that are partially implemented.
Scawenwise, for S2 final I'm hoping for sound improvements, tire physics improvements, differential improvements, engine heat, an oil pressure gauge, some aero improvements and a track camera editor mode.

Ericwise, for S2 final I'm hoping for new GTR interiors, individual gauges design per car, digital gauges in the racecars (mainly targeted at the FO8), bolts for wheels, textured sidewalls, a pitcrew working around cars in the pits, people in the grandstands and maybe an additional (surprise) car.
yeah, physics are important but i'd like to see the audio improved. tires skidding, engine sounds.. they could all be improved alot all the cars have the same BOV sound.
i would rather have a boring patch than no patch at all.
Yeah, it keeps people interested.

What I'd like to see too is an improved suspension damage. No more indestructible FO cars please. When you smash into that barrier, your suspension breaks, your wheel flies off and if you're unlucky that wheel takes out another driver, but it doesn't just bend the suspension a little...
Quote from AndroidXP :Yeah, it keeps people interested.

What I'd like to see too is an improved suspension damage. No more indestructible FO cars please. When you smash into that barrier, your suspension breaks, your wheel flies off and if you're unlucky that wheel takes out another driver, but it doesn't just bend the suspension a little...

UT Announcer: "Double Kill"

But I could care less if there are many small updates ore a few large ones. As long as they keep coming, I'll be happy!
I suppose, as Scawen certainly doesn't want to release very buggy or unstable versions, perhaps the QA is easier if you do not have to check a new version every month...
Yer come on Scawen, hows the Kitchen coming along
Hmmm... I love the clock. I don't care if it's realistic or not i think it's great.
it's the best thing added to the cars besides the windows IMO.
Any chance of real working stereos that link up to win amp or wmp or something?

Yeah I would like to have interior options too. like get rid of all that roll cage stuff and put in... zebra skin seats and a bar... ok maybe not that, but things
like steering wheel options and stuff to help personalize the cars a bit.
But really, I'm happy with what I got and still learning the cars and tracks of this version. So I'm not really in any particular hurry for anything.
I kinda like to know more about this "rally pack" thing I keep hearing about, But again it's just not anything that important, just kind of curious as to what it exactly is.
btw guys; its WATER temperature, not oil

... so if it is water temperature... in enduro races will our cars begin to lose HP since the engines are getting hotter??
Quote from Racer Y :I kinda like to know more about this "rally pack" thing I keep hearing about, But again it's just not anything that important, just kind of curious as to what it exactly is.

Just thinking, it'd be cool if you couldn't actually see where you had to go, because the track is full of people with cameras. And they jump out of the way 1/10th of a second before you would have hit them. Would certainly make things interesting.
hmm that reminds me of something..... but what!! a yes V-Rally 3... ohh god.... those shamefuldays.
Quote from --==Gogo==-- :You mean something like this: http://media.putfile.com/tranquilo

lol yes....... reminds me of v-rally but in that u can actually go through people
Why do we need more Smoke?
...I just dont need the Smoke-Mod

I really hope they work on more serious Things as on more Smoke *g*
Quote from Racer Y :Hmmm... I love the clock. I don't care if it's realistic or not i think it's great.

Yeah the clock is great. Please don't take it away
i only noticed it a couple of months ago, it's one of the best features!

I got quite disorientated (thats my excuse) when i swapped the clock in the dash of my motor for a rev-counter, had to glue a cheap watch to the dash instead!

at least in LFS i don't have to worry
whats this about a clock?? must of missed something somewhere??

there a clock in lfs??? :rolleyes:
Quote from Bob Smith :Just thinking, it'd be cool if you couldn't actually see where you had to go, because the track is full of people with cameras. And they jump out of the way 1/10th of a second before you would have hit them. Would certainly make things interesting.

Oh man, you know I just love pedestrians

Yeah, the clocks are not in all the cars. I don't know for sure which ones don't have it (GTi?. MRT?) But yeah, it's saved my butt more than once lol.

Updates to come???
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG