The online racing simulator
Enhancing the DFP
(6 posts, started )
Enhancing the DFP
I am starting a little project about modding the DFP to use belts instead of cogs in order to eliminate the play on the wheel. Also will include replacing the wheel plus some other stuff too...

Some pre-project info and RSC link can be found here and here
Still going strong. I just got the belt and belt wheel which I ordered last week. Basically all I need to do is to finish the drawings and decide on few things. Below are some screenies how it may or may not look. The belt is not in the pictures.

I did not manage to find any steering wheel with realistic price tag and decent (less than 300mm) outer diameter so I'm gonna use the DFP's wheel for now. If the wheel turns out to be good, I'll buy a FREX wheel and paddles for it Cool.

Comments and critique please. It's not too late yet

PS. I'll edit the 1st post later (today) accordingly, haven't got time right now...
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
Looks like a good plan i will watch with interest and if all goes well i might copy you lol.

Off topic - I was trying to avoid that program over christmas, oh how i hate it at times lol.
#4 - TiJay
Sounds like a great project.

Is that AutoCAD or Pro Desktop?
#5 - robps
Looks Like CATIA V5 to me Smile
Quote from robps :Looks Like CATIA V5 to me Smile

I would be suprised if it isnt, i dont know any other package that looks like that.

Enhancing the DFP
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG