The online racing simulator
Race:wtcc
(52 posts, started )
Adware infested, and it plays like a pile of shit Think im getting banned from rsc :o
#2 - J.B.
Woah, if it's adware then why does the game cost 50$? Unbelievable.

And does it have Macau? If yes, I want screens and clips.
No dedi server for free, according to some members of the german lfs forum. You have to buy an extra copy of RACE to open a dedi. Looks like race is intended to be single player only. illepall
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#4 - Vain
Yes, it's the old GTR/2/L-engine with new tracks and cars.

Vain
I don't know but Race includes that IGA billboard system that changes the ad boards in the tracks inside the game. I don't know should that be called real adware.
macau is nice tho Awesome flying about it. Physics are something to uhmmm say something about, and it's a bit of a system hog

Simbin are going backwards with this, seems blimey took all the talent

The sounds are appaling...

I'm up to 90% warn on rsc now lol, thanks to this *game.

*Game is in no way intended to read, simulator.
#7 - mr_x
I love touring cars, so natrually I got RACE. And I'm impressed by it! I know alot of people aren't, but I guess it just comes down to user preference.

*puts flameproof coat on*
i once said it to be a gtl/gtr mod but i was corrected as it seems to come back to f1c times
#9 - DeKo
I like it, although i dont particularly care about physics. the graphics care spot on, imo, the tracks are very well done (macau is just legendary stuff), and the online is the best ive seen in any ISI title. Just had a flawless race on a brands server wtih 15 people, 4 lap races. Started 6th in first race, finished first. started 8th in second race because of the grid reverse, and finished first again . im sure once all the aliens buy it ill be getting raped all over the track, but i dont care. the WTCC cars make for excellent MP. If only we could have a couple in LFS :0
aye - i'm liking it a bit more now that online was fixed, couldn't even join a server after release...

25 cars on macau online, it's my best online experience yet, that track is hold on to ya pants fantastic
So is the demo released a couple of weeks back an accurate representation of the game? If so I think I'll waste my money on other stuff.
#12 - DeKo
Quote from Rtsbasic :So is the demo released a couple of weeks back an accurate representation of the game? If so I think I'll waste my money on other stuff.

NO. the demo is very early code. Brands in the real game is better, i cant point out why but it seems way improved. the online is amazing, and the AI throw up a good challenge aswell. it also runs better than the demo
#13 - mr_x
Quote from DeKo :NO. the demo is very early code. Brands in the real game is better, i cant point out why but it seems way improved. the online is amazing, and the AI throw up a good challenge aswell. it also runs better than the demo

I agree with that.

To me, the online rivals LFS, if not is better than LFS *hides in flameproof box* I haven't seen anyone lag, you can make contact with people and they don't fly all over the place, just like real touring car racing should be
Damnit, I've gone and brought it. Only £23 odd so I figure what the hell. I sure hope the online play and netcode is good, if I want offline play I'll fire up the PS2 99% the time. Bit of variety from LFS never hurts even if the physics aren't as well developed knowing Simbin. Guess I'll know what its like in a few hours once its downloaded.

Plus I love touring cars. I spend 99% of my time in LFS racing tintops anyway.
#15 - mr_x
I hope you're not disapointed rtsbasic. I know I'm sure not, I love the game, I've not been on LFS since I've had it

yeah, I'll come back to LFS, but RACE is so much fun right now, and I love touring cars (as previously mentioned) so it's just natrual that I'll like this game it handles alot better than rFactor does anyway

oh, the netcode is superb too, best simbin flavour netcode ever
Guess I'll know in a couple of hours, I'll either be up half the night racing or on here calling it a load of rubbish Do you know roughly how many people are online racing at any given moment, ala LFS World's statistics? Can't find it anywhere in that Stream thingy.

I don't doubt it'll be a lot of fun though, I mean it has working windscreen wipers. Revolutionary
#17 - mr_x
and the rain effects are bloody well done too, both spray and on the windscreen! just try driving a lap with your wipers off in the pouring rain :P

when I went online earlier, there was quite a few on, don't know exactly how many but I'd guess around 300-400 people.
Stop winding me up, its 2 hours before I can play it :Kick_Can_

Anyone actually racing in the rain online? Could be fun..noticed if the headlights actually light up the road? IIRC they didn't do sod all in the demo.
#19 - mr_x
nah the headlights don't light up the road, to be honest, I'm not sure they should either, I don't remember seeing the headlights shining off the road when watching from onboard cameras in the rain, or the external cameras for that matter, the lights just reflected off the track. I think it's right, but many people don't.

one big complaint is the cockpits are too dark, which is true, but I just increased the brightness on my monitor and it looks fine

EDIT: I've didn't really check many servers online, I just went to one running a track I knew and went on it, gonna go for a quick blast now before i go out tonight though
-
#20 - mr_x
nope, Simbin got rid of starforce before GTR2

it uses Steam now for it's copy protection, which some people seem to have a problem with, I don't, but they don't seem to see it from the perspective that it's a whole load better than Starforce!
-
First Simbin title I've purchased, still not entirely sure why - not really got on with the GTR/GTL demos, I thought the Race demo showed potential for a lot of fun if the full version isn't as botched as the demo was. I still think it should be a fun diversion from LFS to avoid a sim burnout.
i loved gtr2 - it's content was quite impressive. Looks sexy in full detail
-
#23 - Vain
I've been giving GTL a spin lately because I wanted to look at the 1.0 of the Nordschleife.
Sure it's fun driving the Nordschleife, but the vehicles in GTL have nothing to do with cars. Yes, it goes slower if you step on the brakes, but that's how far the similarities go. Hint: If you're oversteering just pump the throttle. The physics engine will think that there's weight transition and will generate grip so you go straight again. And no, that doesn't work in a real car.
That's why I won't buy Race. It's basically still the same physics engine, which sucks. GTL/R/2/Race have *content*. If you don't want the game for the content, don't buy it.

Vain
I have It. It's much better than the demo. I played the dmeo for 5 minutes and found it terrible. The full game is a big improvement although i think GTR 2 is a better game.
Quote from mr_x :nope, Simbin got rid of starforce before GTR2

it uses Steam now for it's copy protection, which some people seem to have a problem with, I don't, but they don't seem to see it from the perspective that it's a whole load better than Starforce!

People have only a mental problem with Steam. I also dislike few things in it (e.g. too dumbed down user options) but some people even call it potential spyware which is just ridiculous.
-

(52 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG