The online racing simulator
This Disgusts Me
(69 posts, started )
This Disgusts Me
That's not too bad a speeding incident anyway, you could get off that yourself, not just a policeman. National average is a 10% leeway (so 40mph zone can't be prosecuted below 44mph) and each region has individual leeway ontop(Some region upto 10% again) so 48mph in a 40mph zone is acceptable in some regionsin the UK...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh this is the best bit:

So even police chief constables talk about speed cameras in terms of slowing down until you've got past them. What a dickhead.
[/size]

Yeah - I spotted that.
Quote from Thorvertonian :That's not too bad a speeding incident anyway, you could get off that yourself, not just a policeman. National average is a 10% leeway (so 40mph zone can't be prosecuted below 44mph) and each region has individual leeway ontop(Some region upto 10% again) so 48mph in a 40mph zone is acceptable in some regionsin the UK...

Wrong! Yes there is 10% for speedo error but not another 10% leeway. Forces allow either 1 or 2 mph on top of the 10%

I have been done for 36mph in a 30mph limit by a camera. If I had been doing 35mph the camera wouldn't have triggered. i.e. 30 + 10% + 2mph = 35mph
this really disgusts me:

I didn't say there was another 10% on top, I said each region decides their own, (Some forces it is upto 10% extra again!)
Quote from Thorvertonian :I didn't say there was another 10% on top, I said each region decides their own, (Some forces it is upto 10% extra again!)

No - they are allowed to give a maximum of 2mph only on top of the 10%
Well, me and my dad got pulled over for 48mph in a 35mph zone, and the cop did not give us a ticket. He just told us to "slow down", and then he left. In america, it is up to the discresion(sp?) of the police officer.
Devon & Cornwall Constabulary is 3mph, so it definetly aint a max of 2! and I've been informed by a chief constable that it is upto 10% in a certain areas of the UK....
Quote from al heeley :this really disgusts me:

Eek, you're right - that blue velvet clothe is icky. :S
Wow. 48mph in a 40. And the police officer got off free. Who cares?
I don't understand why people can get "disgusted" over such a unimportant event.
Quote from AndroidXP :Wow. 48mph in a 40. And the police officer got off free. Who cares?
I don't understand why people can get "disgusted" over such a unimportant event.

Because it is the height of hypocracy. I would have thought that was obvious
Yeah but that happens all the time everywhere, and often on much bigger scales. The police force just seems to be a prime target because of their direct interaction with the public. Then it's suddenly OMG POLICE OPPRESSION / OMG DOUBLE STANDARDS.

#14 - SamH
In the UK, the base expectation is that the Police will not break the laws they uphold. If they do, the base expectation is that they will be dealt with like the rest of us. It's the double-whammy that's offensive.. doing it AND getting away with it.. because the rest of us wouldn't have got away with it.

I've no idea whether the general population in other countries would be as disgusted if it happened in their land, but in the UK this is a big deal.
Of course the police force get more stick for these things - it's because they're the ones enforcing them so if anyone should adhere to them they should.
That'd be like an anti-drug spokesperson getting caught shooting up.

Knowing that tons of other people do it is one thing, being told that even the police force don't care about speed limits is quite another - if they can't be bothered, why should anyone else?
[sarcasm]the man was gettin chinese! its not like america where you got asians walkin around everywhere we're talkin about england here people! thats like .. home of the english not the chinese [/sarcasm]
although 8 over may not sound like its alot; it may be.. but at the same time; how many people get pulled over for going 8 over? hardly anyone hardly ever, yes its a police officer, but that makes no difference, when speeding one man alike is the same difference no matter who they are where they come from etc. they are still going over

yes it may seem like a big deal, but.. dunno it seems kinda stupid it is this far up top to make such a huge difference
Quote from XCNuse :how many people get pulled over for going 8 over? hardly anyone hardly ever

You are ****ing joking right? Here you can get pulled over fined for doing any amount over the limit and you are pulled over almost every time - if they're monitoring for speed offences.

Hell the speed camera system (constant video capture) they're putting in on the motorways are such that as you travel, you're caught on 3 cameras and your average speed is higher than X amount, you're fined and points are put onto your license automatically. The same with standard speed cameras.

Speeding over in the UK is a BIG thing. For instance in Bath there are a number of speed cameras - NONE of which are in any black spot areas, ALL of which have been put into prime locations to catch speeding.

Guess whats the biggest revenue builder in the UK for the police?

Now as if I'm not pissed off enough, its the fact that no one gives a shit about the rest of the god damn "security" cameras in this country.

And yes, that sound was the veins in my head exploding.
Quote from the_angry_angel :You are ****ing joking right? Here you can get pulled over fined for doing any amount over the limit and you are pulled over almost every time - if they're monitoring for speed offences.

Hell the speed camera system (constant video capture) they're putting in on the motorways are such that as you travel, you're caught on 3 cameras and your average speed is higher than X amount, you're fined and points are put onto your license automatically. The same with standard speed cameras.

Speeding over in the UK is a BIG thing. For instance in Bath there are a number of speed cameras - NONE of which are in any black spot areas, ALL of which have been put into prime locations to catch speeding.

Guess whats the biggest revenue builder in the UK for the police?

Now as if I'm not pissed off enough, its the fact that no one gives a shit about the rest of the god damn "security" cameras in this country.

And yes, that sound was the veins in my head exploding.

couldnt have put it better myself.
-
hmmm 8mph over the speed limit in a 2tonne vehicle, nice, but then again my friend does 60 in a 40 zone I'm so glad those things got good brakes lol But afterall Police officers are really supposed act responsible when driving around and breaking the speed limit is irresponsible and is dangerous.
#20 - SamH
Quote from thisnameistaken :Imagine the enormity and longevity of my initial WTF when I saw that.

Been there, did that. I'm frustrated, as well, because everyone around me shrugs.. as if it's not weird! It's freaky! I'm waiting for them to launch HMS George Orwell, next.
LOL Wow here when a cop is in the paper for messing up, it's for tasering a suspect to death
or arrainging to meet with a kid they met on myspace....
8 miles over the limit. Another tragic case of a "dirty cop".
How come no-one posts when a cop shoots someone? Surely that is a worse offence then speeding....
#23 - SamH
You're missing the point.. he didn't just do it, he got away with it. That's the bit that's annoying the Brits. We all do it, but the cop gets away with it. Foul ball.
Quote from SamH :You're missing the point.. he didn't just do it, he got away with it. That's the bit that's annoying the Brits. We all do it, but the cop gets away with it. Foul ball.

Exactly.

Quote from Racer Y :LOL Wow here when a cop is in the paper for messing up, it's for tasering a suspect to death
or arrainging to meet with a kid they met on myspace....
8 miles over the limit. Another tragic case of a "dirty cop".

Yeah, and we also have far fewer cases of our police force actually killing people unlawfully whilst in custody or whilst putting them into custody - primarily because the UK public are so intolerant of police breaking the law themselves - an officer here would never get away with punching someone repeatedly, yet you hear of it happening all the time in the US. We obsess over speeding because it's a big deal here. Thankfully our "big deal" is "only" speeding - not moronic police men/women beating unarmed, cuffed civillians repeatedly for no apparent reason.
-

This Disgusts Me
(69 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG