The online racing simulator
Indicatiors assignment
(6 posts, started )
Indicatiors assignment
could you have the indicators (signals) assigned to your wheel?

+1 or -1
+1 but it's possible to do it with Joy2Key (google for it, I forgot the dl link).
-1 because there is too much misunderstanding on what the signals indicate. I had always signalled the direction I was going to let folks behind me know. Then a thread started some time back and I find out that in racing, it is generally used to let the guy behind you know where you want him to pass. I had never known this previously and not many others do as well. So, using the indicators on the track is just kind of unneccessary due to others understanding them differently than you do.

It was quite a big discussion on that thread about the indicators. It may have come up in one of the many blue flag threads. You could put your indicator on signalling that you are moving to that side to let someone by and that person assumes you are signalling you want him to pass on that side and you both move over there and crash. I just don't use the indicators on the track anymore because of this.
you can have them assigned...

You could make a script...
or,

you can make a shift+f7=/press7 (left)
shift+f8=/press9 (right)
shift+f9=/press0 (off)

and at the right of that you can assign them to the wheel
That's right, it's done already, as BlakjeKaas described.

Except he left out some spaces.

In fact you need to assign these texts to three of your text keys (F keys / CTRL+F keys or ALT+F keys).

/press 7
/press 8
/press 0

And they can be assigned to buttons. It can be done all in the controls screen.
By the way, you need Test Patch U30 from the test patch forum section.
Quote from Scawen :That's right, it's done already, as BlakjeKaas described.

Except he left out some spaces.

In fact you need to assign these texts to three of your text keys (F keys / CTRL+F keys or ALT+F keys).

/press 7
/press 8
/press 0

And they can be assigned to buttons. It can be done all in the controls screen.
By the way, you need Test Patch U30 from the test patch forum section.

ah, im using U

Indicatiors assignment
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG