The online racing simulator
Remove "other" flag from LFSW.
(72 posts, started )
Quote from duke_toaster :Also flags on car windows

And in the race results table! (in-game)

Don't mind about the "Other" flag though.
Why would you want to see the flags over the cars?? Its already more than enough if Scawen decides to put it in the drivers list, though there are a million more important things to do.

illepall

1. There are some people who have no nationality. LFS must accommodate them, too.

2. Those who don't want to reveal their nationality can always choose a random country.
(LFS World has 48 regisered users from Antarctica. Penguins can't fly, but can they race? )
Or do you want Scavier to do passport checks when registering users?
Quote from BurnOut69 :Why would you want to see the flags over the cars?? Its already more than enough if Scawen decides to put it in the drivers list, though there are a million more important things to do.

Hmm I quoted a bit too much of the suggestion, put the flag on the car windows is what I agree with...! Over the cars is a bit too much indeed (imo).
Quote from traxxion :Hmm I quoted a bit too much of the suggestion, put the flag on the car windows is what I agree with...! Over the cars is a bit too much indeed (imo).

Or just cycle it with N

Name above car - Name and Flag above car - Flag above car (how silly) - nothing bove car but list - nothing
Flag over car, with or without name, doesn't make any sense whatsoever. Adding it to the connection/position/results list would be enough.
I think it'd be cool if the flag was shown on the car itself, similar to the RL country stickers you get. Other than that, a connection list flag is probably enough.

Unless you want to go all NFS:U and have little paper flags on the aerials or something
Yes, the flags to race results..ehem?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Oh please...what's up with you people and flags. For me, in LFS, they are just for recognizing what language someone most likely uses, of course this is irrelevant if your mother tongue is English :P It can also tell me something about people behind the names, but not something like political viewpoints or similar, at lest I try not to think those...and you don't think them as drunk looneys if they come and say good morning at the evening if you know they are from Canada..I mean, other side of the world
So what I'm saying is, don't take the flags so seriously, you don't represent your country and what it does doesn't have anything to do with you, in most cases.

*global straight hug for all LFS people*

*hugs Blackout*

You make some very good points there, typically the only use I have for flags is if someones fast, check if they are Estonian or Finnish, otherwise they are cheating. :P
-
(Blackout) DELETED by Blackout
HUG HUG Blackout.

i agree.
Quote from wsinda :
(LFS World has 48 regisered users from Antarctica. Penguins can't fly, but can they race? )

Whilst there is no permenant population for antarctica, there are a few scientists there. Maybe 1 or 2 of them are LFSers - but not 48.
Maybe all the aliens in LFS are ...penguins?
Quote from thisnameistaken :Actually, I'd like to see F1 stop using flags of national origin on the podium and instead use the flag of the driver's country of residence. I don't get it when, say, a millionaire British driver scores a podium and they hang the British flag behind him, while he's living as a tax exile in Monaco.

It's the flag of whoever issued their racing licence. British racing licence means it will be a Union Jack.
Quote from Blackout :Oh please...what's up with you people and flags. [...]So what I'm saying is, don't take the flags so seriously, you don't represent your country and what it does doesn't have anything to do with you, in most cases.

:clapclap: Agreed. The only flags to be taken seriously are the blue and yellow ones.
-
Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh right, I didn't know that.

It's also the same in Speedway. Here's an interesting piece of trivia - Ryan Giggs played for England schoolboys (as it was called then) because he lived in England - it's on residency, not passport.
Bleh, there's no way I'm racing under an England flag! Union Jack at a push, but St. George's Cross? I'd sooner die!
-
Only in the Cathedral grounds I believe.
-
I think that Americans should have the choice to have their States flags be displayed...now that would confuse the rest of the world, since I live near Chicago I could go with the citys flag, or the State of Illinois's flag.

It seems funny to me, at least.
Quote from jayhawk :I think that Americans should have the choice to have their States flags be displayed...now that would confuse the rest of the world, since I live near Chicago I could go with the citys flag, or the State of Illinois's flag.

It seems funny to me, at least.

Each state of the US is not a member of FIFA, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man (etc) are.
Quote from duke_toaster :Each state of the US is not a member of FIFA, England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, The Isle of Man (etc) are.

Which, as known to everyone, is the international authority that decides who is entitled to a flag and who is not.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG