The online racing simulator
Getting a Mobile phone from the UK
(10 posts, started )
This might seem like a bizarre question, but my girlfriend wants one of Motorola's project red phones, she likes the cause and the look of the phones. However, she doesn't care for the RAZR as much as the SLVR. Unfortunately, the SLVR is only available in the UK. Do any of you guys from the UK know if there's a way to get UK phones in the US, or what it would take to export one?
Any help is appreciated
did you try ebay ? dunno if safe though
As far as i know, the SLVRs are all Tri-Band, so should work, just look for someone willing to ship off ebay to the US - probably a shop for BNIB stuff.
She has T-mobile here in the USA, and the red SLVR is offered by T-Mobile in the UK. T-Mobile in the US uses GSM too, so it should work. I was just wondering if there were any weird laws or anything that would get in the way, but it doesn't sound like it
Shouldn't be any laws, just make sure it's unlocked (most contract phones are, if it's pay as you go, then check)
Whoa! Wait a minute! 96 GTS, did you just bring your girlfriend onto the LFS forum? :jawdrop: That's like taking your girlfriend fishing or golfing! It's part of the man laws!

Hehe, just kidding Bergade .

I think this is a first, someone's significant other jumping onto our forum here . Now that you're here, let me tell you a few things about 96 GTS......

Ok, back to the topic on hand.
Quote from mrodgers :Whoa! Wait a minute! 96 GTS, did you just bring your girlfriend onto the LFS forum? :jawdrop: That's like taking your girlfriend fishing or golfing! It's part of the man laws!

Hehe, just kidding Bergade .

I think this is a first, someone's significant other jumping onto our forum here . Now that you're here, let me tell you a few things about 96 GTS......

Ok, back to the topic on hand.

She's been here a while, but yes I did. She's not just hanging around the forum, she's actually an LFS fan, too I have to keep an eye on my DFP while she's over, otherwise I might not be able to find it when she leaves...
Ooo shit, 96 GTS's in for it now

On topic though, if you do decide to purchase it off Ebay UK, be very careful who you buy it from. There's a massive amount of mobile phone fraud on there, more so than any other type of goods sold on Ebay. You don't wanna end up buying one thats been blocked, or buy one that won't turn up at all.
How bad is the mobile phone fraud? Would she be better off asking one of the Brits on the forum here to buy one, then buy it from them? I can tell you I trust the guys on here a lot more than eBay...
If your careful you'll be fine. Thing to look for are always the obvious ones - feedback, is it not just high, but good as well? Payment method - always use Paypal for international transactions, if they ask for anything else don't pay them. Was the photo used their own or a website rip? Do they make the effort to at least be understandable & polite in their communication? (If an accounts been hacked and its some d*ckhead in whatever random country, odds are they can't speak much english and won't be very helpful).

Insured postage from the UK is a bit pricey compared to regular airmail at times, but always get it insured. That way if you get any trouble you can tell Paypal you paid for insured postage which rules out it going missing in the post, and even if it does its the sellers job to refund you anyway.

Asking a member on here to purchase one then forward it on would work well if you trust the person with your money. Again be careful, and use Paypal for your protection. Just because joe blogs plays LFS and posts on this forum doesn't mean they won't try to rip you off once money gets involved. I've both brought & sold many things with some members of this forum and its worked out great, but you never know.

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG