(33 posts, started )
#Free Hugs#
awwww, that's really neat
Aww that's nice.

Ok who would like to hug me? :lovies3d:

Attached images
r_u_guys_gay.jpg
Quote from george_tsiros :...

The way you talk just tells me you cryed watching it,dont be ashamed, you are still a man..
That is great
Yestarday I really needed a hug... *goes searching for free hug ppl*
Quote from george_tsiros :...

Quote from Slidaaaa :The way you talk just tells me you cryed watching it,dont be ashamed, you are still a man..

That's probably true. And I think he's not only a man, but most of all he's still a human being - being human includes male and female of course (ya rly!). In the end we are all just people with the same needs and wants...

I totally love this video and imo it's nothing short of ingenious. It almost brought me to tears the first time I watched it. Anybody give this guy a medal or something...
Because what he shows us is that it doesn't take much to achieve something good. With you heart in the right place and a little bit of unconventional thinking a lot can be achieved.
In the world of today I sometimes get sick of all that elbow-mentality and impersonality among us. Sometimes all we are is profit-making, heartless, robotic and self-focussed entities who seem to have been blinded by the obligations and constraints of our society... some of us seem to have forgotten to be true to what we ultimately are: human.
This video is a manifestation of humanity which tells me that maybe not all hope is lost for us. I may add for those who don't seem to have gotten the point of this video (and drifted off the the gay/blabla/silly-stuff) that this video has absolutely NOTHING to do with sexual desires or any particular affection to people of certain genders, it's just "taking people for what they are" and giving love back to the universe.
I'm sure that any of you will agree with me that loving the people and the world around you is the best thing you can do. Being hostile and fierce to others will only come back to you eventually.

If only more people (and I'm thinking of especially high-ranking politicians (just imagine GWB hugging Iraqis...)) would do things like these there would be less wars, less crime, less hatred and more understanding for the people who sometimes seem alien to us. Quite frequently all this is nothing but stupid preconceptions.
I don't wanna claim it would solve all of our problems which it doesn't. And hugging people isn't really a magic spell, but it certainly would help to make the world better place than it is now. Did you know that making other people feel good will make you feel good too? It's almost a vicious circle really

I just wish I had the courage to follow in his footsteps and do something like that video myself...

Oh and please be sure to view my attachment, too.

(it doesn't take THAT much squeezing though )
Attached images
knuddel.gif
Quote from Slidaaaa :The way you talk just tells me you cryed watching it,dont be ashamed, you are still a man..

Attached images
lolwut.jpg
#9 - AndyC
Nicely said Biggie although I would have to disagree with the less war, crime etc. comment.

It's amazing what such a little gesture can do. A small hug takes very little time, very little effort and very little thought but for the recieving person (and for yourself) it will most probably be the most happy memory of the day and make you smile when you think about it.

A hug is such a nice thing, it's personal but you don't need to know someone to hug them. It can make you feel some much more better and leave you with a smile for the rest of the day.

If only everybody could think like this, everyone likes a hug even the most horrible people like to be hugged, i know it!

No more to add to Biggies comment! Great post!

Andy.
:lovies3d:

nice, I think there are many many people out there who love to be hugged (well, I guess not by me )

btw biggie, this smiley is great
Quote from AndyC :Nicely said Biggie although I would have to disagree with the less war, crime etc. comment.

It's amazing what such a little gesture can do. A small hug takes very little time, very little effort and very little thought but for the recieving person (and for yourself) it will most probably be the most happy memory of the day and make you smile when you think about it.

A hug is such a nice thing, it's personal but you don't need to know someone to hug them. It can make you feel some much more better and leave you with a smile for the rest of the day.

If only everybody could think like this, everyone likes a hug even the most horrible people like to be hugged, i know it!

No more to add to Biggies comment! Great post!

Andy.

No more to add to Andy's and Biggie's comment! Great post!

Quote from AndyC :Nicely said Biggie although I would have to disagree with the less war, crime etc. comment.

Mhhh, I must say I saw that coming since I didn't really elaborate that comment enough. Didn't want to make my post even longer than it is already
No way around this now... so.....

Well, sure this won't cure all of our problems, as I said:

Quote from biggie :I don't wanna claim it would solve all of our problems which it doesn't.

But just assume for a moment that we all suddenly had a change of mind and would begin to see the people around us not as total strangers but as precious individuals.
Imagine for a moment that people would acknowledge each other by getting closer to each other and approaching each other with a sense of love instead of general scepticism and distrust.
Imagine that even the politicians would find what's left of their human nature somewhere deep inside - do you really think that they would be able to order people to go to war or perform murders in their interest?
Someone with true love and a sense of caring for others in their heart could NEVER do this. I'm sure there would be a fundamental change of course in their policies if they would let themselves be lead primarily by their best intentions for ALL the people in this world and not only the citizens of their country.
Obviously this is so highly hypothetical and very far from reality. The world is what it is and its long-time conventions and structures won't be changed easily.
This won't affect all those disturbed maniacs out there either - those whose minds just function in a different way. What about the psychopaths who have an entirely different perspective on life and death. Some of them wouldn't even give a damn about being hugged or being nice to others. This wouldn't affect many criminals or otherwise narrow-minded people either. You cannot make up for years of lacking education and for the damage that their parents might have caused them.

This topic is so complex (talk about the entire world and the flaws of the human race, eh? ) that I cannot even begin to claim that this campaign will help to cure the cancer in the hearts of many. I was merely talking in idealistic terms while I must sadly confess that my ideals differ from reality very much.
In my imagination, if that sense of love and appreciation for others really were an integral part of our souls, there wouldn't be so many ugly things around. Hugging others is a part (and a start) of acknowleding others and spreading the love and good intentions within you.
But ultimately all this "change the world thingy" is just wishful thinking :/

It still doesn't prevent us from being a good example to other people and even the slightest bit of consideration and thought might make a huge different altogether. And of course this shouldn't keep you from doing what you think is right. You can't do any better than spreading positive vibes
Quote from biggie :it's just "taking people for what they are" and giving love back to the universe.

My way of thinking, Im always doing this really... so nothing special

Just be careful when hugging me cuz the universe is in my belt...
hugging is cool and all, but it contributes very very little to actually solving problems of any nature.
Quote from george_tsiros :hugging is cool and all, but it contributes very very little to actually solving problems of any nature.

So?

Quote from george_tsiros :hugging is cool and all, but it contributes very very little to actually solving problems of any nature.

Thats what you think !!!! (just the reaction of people when watching it on a video and the comments can easy prove that)

It may dont fix you car... but it can change some things like the attitude,'mind state' and humor of someone until the end of day at least... try it before talking, its human magic hehe.
Quote from Slidaaaa :Thats what you think !!!!
It may dont fix you car...

So, have you decided which one of the two is true?

is it "what i think", or "it may not fix you car" ?

it is as i say it is, but not because i say so. hugging is nice and makes people feel better, but it contributes very little to solving a problem. Next time you have a fender-bender, try hugging each other. Come tell us how it turns out, afterwards.
Quote from george_tsiros :Next time you have a fender-bender, try hugging each other. Come tell us how it turns out, afterwards.

Seen it happen, two people backed into each other in a parking lot, it turned out great. They both left happy.
Quote from 96 GTS :Seen it happen, two people backed into each other in a parking lot, it turned out great. They both left happy.

If its the same video i saw on internet, they DID hug each other
great! now i want you to try it as well...
Quote from george_tsiros :great! now i want you to try it as well...

Im pleased, wheres the keys of your car? Or just deposit 100 bucks in account, il rent a car and test it.
bah man cut it off
Quote from Slidaaaa :If its the same video i saw on internet, they DID hug each other

No, I saw it happen firsthand, it was in the parking lot of the store that I work at. Now granted, it was two moms with their kids, but the first thing they both said was, "Are you okay, and are your kids okay?" then hugged each other. It was refreshing to see.
Quote from 96 GTS :No, I saw it happen firsthand, it was in the parking lot of the store that I work at. Now granted, it was two moms with their kids, but the first thing they both said was, "Are you okay, and are your kids okay?" then hugged each other. It was refreshing to see.

See,theres good people on the world too, not everybody is like george
cool song, even cooler idea
plus this is probably the vid with the mosts comments in a short time: 13805 in just a month!

#Free Hugs#
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG