The online racing simulator
S3 Suggestion
(25 posts, started )
S3 Suggestion
I keep reading that people here do not want car mods because it will kill the game. I was thinking if it would be possible to allow people to make car mods, but they would only work in single player. It's just a suggestion.

I would like this very much since I spend most of my LFS time in single player.
You put it on the wrong section. It should be on "Improvement Suggestions". Btw if people started making mods for LFS would't it make the game slower? It also might be like Rfactor.

-1 for me
Quote from Btoryo :You put it on the wrong section. It should be on "Improvement Suggestions". Btw if people started making mods for LFS would't it make the game slower? It also might be like Rfactor.

-1 for me

Sorry for the wrong section.:sorry:

How would it make the game slower?

Annd what happend to rF?

Sorry, I'm a bit new.
You just said "S3 Suggestion" it should go on "Improvement Suggestions". And Rfactor is very confusing not like LFS. It would be easier if we didnt have mods on LFS so all the devs can focuz on working on the game instead of stopping people from making mods.
#5 - Renku
I don't want LFS to turn into rFactor!
Yay someone agrees with me. Another yay for my 100th post lol.
same

and as for what happened to rFactor; it dropped in itself.. it has become so rediculously modded that online is near impossible for just.. going around for fun.. it was a dumb move is what it was

offline only.. may sound good; but at the same time i still say no; that will also ruin online play because .. everyone will be playing with their little mods offline and there wont be any online races
i wont be behind you with this idea,sorry
-1 no car mods, sorry mate
#10 - SamH
Moved to Improvement Suggestions and..

-1! It's not what I think LFS is about. Single Player is AN aspect of LFS, but I think the magic of this sim is the level playing field we find in online racing.
jacked my name. -999999.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
-1, LFS should not be modded before 2 years after S3

LOL at Kev though Worlds Fastest Slow Driver.
Modding didn't kill N2003 or GPL, it just needs quality control and authorization by the devs - or it needs to be so hard and complex that only the most talented teams can do something proper. But only after S3 final of course.
if it happens i think there shouldd only be 3-4 mods a year to be released, just for the sake of keeping the game playable. Other than that, i object to any large amounts of modding.

In fact, do you need mods? There are about 858 combos in LFS, when you get good lap times on ALLthe combos you should consider mods. There are too many combos not tried. You could feel like you were in a mod if you tried a new combo every now and then.-1
all 858 combos are hardly exciting new experiences.

An open modding system, with a core (but changeable) set of mod testers / confirmers / valuers, would rock. But I have no interest in pick up and play racing anyway, leagues are what I enjoy.
The reason I asked this is because I want more cars. Some brand names also. I wish there was a place, like a Dev Log of what new and what see can expect in S3. Like http://www.liveforspeed.com/S3/imgdump (example, not a real link) . But I see what you meen. Thanks for feedback, even if it is negitive-ish.

Is there any expectancy goal for S3?
Any news on release time or time goals?
Quote from Rappa Z :In fact, do you need mods? There are about 858 combos in LFS, when you get good lap times on ALLthe combos you should consider mods. There are too many combos not tried. You could feel like you were in a mod if you tried a new combo every now and then.-1

That is a very strange way of thinking and not very logical.
Quote from Rappa Z :
In fact, do you need mods? There are about 858 combos in LFS, when you get good lap times on ALLthe combos you should consider mods. There are too many combos not tried. You could feel like you were in a mod if you tried a new combo every now and then.-1

Absolutely.

-1 for car mods

sorry Panda but 3rd Party car Modding drops the overall quality of a Sim, and we have so much quality cars and quality tracks and new cars and new tracks added that I hope LFS will not be hacked or modded ever. Theres just no need for that, we have enough car-track combos who are quality stuff. And theres more to come with approved quality so please no modding
it would not be an good idea sorry i had Rfactor and its really enoying to download everytime new mods and when you reinstal you have to do it all agian...
get LFS 0.5Q and LFSTweak
+1 for modding
maybe i have solution for you.
i think at least modding of the cars meshes could be allowed but limited maximum and minimum sizes. this mod wouldnt affect the physics. yet many people would be happy by it. i think of an editor that is released by the devs. it could be a program outside of lfs. we could load the original meshes and edit them freely between the maximum and minimum size. we could just save the new mesh and put it into a directory in lfs (maybe data/custommesh/xrg/xrg_levin/XRG_levin.mesh). the editor could give a new skinning template just by shooting some photos of the new mesh from the same views that are on the original skin template. after finishing the skin it could be placed to another directory inside skins (data/skins/custommesh/xrg/XRG_levin_hibino.jpg)
the custom meshes + their skins could be uploaded to lfsworld and people could download it when racing online IF they want. i guess the meshes would be even smaller in size then the skins.

what do you think?

Attached images
chassis_mesh_sizes.jpg
Still not keeping the game consistent, AFAIK LFS calculates weight based on the volume of the mesh, so if i've got an XFG (standard) and you've got an XFG with a lower volume mesh on it, then you're gonna have an advantage. And then i'll change so i'm equal with you, and everyone ends up racing the same.

Remember Gran Turismo 2? Everyone wanted the escudo, coz the only car that couldn't beat it was the escudo. So it takes no skill to win until everyones at the same level.

-1 - games fine as it is.
No uncontrolled modding.

However, the community should be able to send car and/or track models to the devs and only the really great ones should be put in LFS.
it ruins online simulation racing for my opinion,doesnt it?
Remember the whole name of the simulator:
"LIVE FOR SPEED: Online Racing Simulator"

Besides IMHO the IA to play off-line just sucks, If you slow down because whatever happened to you, the car behind you just crash against you back you no matter the distance/velocity, they simple are dumb cars around a circuit. And that's fair because the name of the game states clearly the online game's purpose.

Bottom line: allow mods for off-line is just useless, no real "racing" experience.

Allow mods for online is a terrible and a uncontrollable mistake. And Mods that change the physics would be even worse, that could become as racing a V8 (F08) against a Sauber (BF1), so against no real "racing".
In fact I think the Physics is this game is superb (this is believed by an AMInstP).

The way you can change the car performance via the setups is already challenging enough to spend a while around the car and then test and find the setup that best suits you.

S3 Suggestion
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG