The online racing simulator
New computer, new wheel........H-shifter?
Allrighty then, I recently upgraded my computer because something went bad in my old one and I couldn't be bothered figuring out what (I'll figure it out later.)

Heres the specs of my new system incase anyone is interested.
Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro-SLI
AMD A64 3800+ (939)
Asus 512mb 7600gs (x2 in SLI)
2gb (2x1024) Memory
200gb Seagate 8mb HDD
Winfast TV2000 XP Expert TV Tuner

So christmas is coming up and because DFP's are starting to drop in price I was thinking about asking for one.
Now, the plane was to use my current momo's pedals as a clutch. So this means I would have two wheels plugged in. Okay, this should work right? I just won't plug the momo's AC power in so there is no FF on that wheel.

Okay, so next problem. Now that I've got a clutch, I need a H-shifter. So i was thinking of either buying an Act-Labs one or modding a joystick. So here's my question. Can I have three usb devices plugged in and working at the same time?

Thanks guys.
I think you can, yes. But as it's (going to be) Christmas, why not treat yourself to a G25, and sell the Momo on eBay
Quote from tristancliffe :I think you can, yes. But as it's (going to be) Christmas, why not treat yourself to a G25, and sell the Momo on eBay

Yes, that would be nice but the g25 is way overpriced here in oz. I'm kinda thinking long term here aswell. The way I see it, get the DFP now with a shifter, get some A1 pedals a month or two down the road, sell the momo on ebay. Then I'll have better quality pedals and possibly shifter than the g25 for roughly the same price.
#4 - dev
One question. If an S2 licenced racer joins a demo server, will the other demo racers se his skin if it's uploaded on LFS world?
No. There is no auto skin-download in demo.

What does this have to do with the thread?
#6 - dev
Quote from zeugnimod :No. There is no auto skin-download in demo.

What does this have to do with the thread?

Ups! I've just noticed I replied to the wrong thread. My bad, sorry
#7 - Jakg
Quote from ERRUPT :Yes, that would be nice but the g25 is way overpriced here in oz. I'm kinda thinking long term here aswell. The way I see it, get the DFP now with a shifter, get some A1 pedals a month or two down the road, sell the momo on ebay. Then I'll have better quality pedals and possibly shifter than the g25 for roughly the same price.

Doubt it - G25 pedals are VERY good, and pedals that are better will run for the G25's cost, even when there used!

Plus, the G25 wheel is waaaay better than the DFP's - i had the same idea with getting a Momo + ACT Labs Pedals, but a G25 would be a better wheel with better pedals
Yeah, I understand the G25 wheel is much better than the DFP, but the pedal case is plastic and anything plastic under my feet feels cheap to me and I feel like i'm going to break it (size 11.5 feet)

And when it all comes down to it, I just can't justify spending nearly $500 on a gaming controller all in one hit

But anyway, I'm off to bed. Thanks for the replies guys.
#9 - Jakg
no idea how much the G25 is there, but here are prices in £'s

Momo/DFP - £50
ACT Labs H-Gate Shifter - £30 (Used)
Pedals - £60 (What i paid for my ACT Labs ones, used)

Total - £140

G25 would have a better wheel, shifter and pedals - £150!

Worth the extra tenner here - perhaps you need to "shop around"?
You won't break the plastic housing on the G25 pedals. And feet size has nothing to do with it, although I'm a bit annoyed with size 13 feet its still a pain to heel/toe with them.

Dude just invest in the G25, you won't beat its valuve for money. Its a lot less hassle than what your thinking of, and you end up with a 2yr warranty on everything which is immensely useful (espically for me as mine broke yesterday!).
Quote from ERRUPT :Yeah, I understand the G25 wheel is much better than the DFP, but the pedal case is plastic and anything plastic under my feet feels cheap to me and I feel like i'm going to break it (size 11.5 feet)

And when it all comes down to it, I just can't justify spending nearly $500 on a gaming controller all in one hit

I've got size 12 feet and i can assure you that the g25 pedal base is rock solid, I've had mine since late september and I haven't heard a single squeek out of em after daily bouts of abuse.

If you can't justify spending $500 (You will can find em for cheaper of course) on a good quality set up, then how can you justify spending more for pretty much the same quality product the second time?

I've got a momo (black) and I've tried a DFP, and apart from the bigger wheel turn, there really isn't much difference if any between the 2 imo. But the improvement from the momo to the g25 is massive to say the least and of course you get a complete package for your money.
Quote from ERRUPT :Yeah, I understand the G25 wheel is much better than the DFP, but the pedal case is plastic and anything plastic under my feet feels cheap to me and I feel like i'm going to break it (size 11.5 feet)

How much would you consider too much to pay for a gamer controller in one hit? Perhaps you can think of it as buying 2 separate controllers - a really good set of pedals and an awesome wheel in one package (and a not so amazing shifter thrown in for free)

I got my wheel at JB hi fi in Sydney for $400 aussie, which is a damn good price for a wheel of this quality. When I called up DickSmith, they said they could match a price of 350 if I showed them the ads, but they didn't have stock and I couldn't wait till next shipment hehe...

Then again, DFPs have halved in priced from 300 to 150 (even at EB) now that the G25 has come out... I'd still go for the G25 though
Random off-topicness:

Damn, I feel like a midget with only size 9 feet. What's with all the giants around here?
Size 11 here.

You know what they say about a man with big feet?

Bigger Sock Budgets
The rumors, they're true
Big Feet? Big head! When it comes down to what is really said, hehe .
Argh, damn you guys. I'm considering the G25 now. If I can get the G25 $400 or under, I'll probably get it.

Quote from chiapet : I got my wheel at JB hi fi in Sydney for $400 aussie, which is a damn good price for a wheel of this quality. When I called up DickSmith, they said they could match a price of 350 if I showed them the ads, but they didn't have stock and I couldn't wait till next shipment hehe...

Damn, if I could get it at 350 that would be a certainty. Do you know where I can get the JB ads so that I could get the discount at Dick Smithe?

Also, is there a way to change the shift knob on the G25, I can't stand ball knobs
I haven't seen the G25 advertised in any of the JB ads. Will Dick Smith's match online shop prices? Cause you could try printing some prices off www.staticice.com.au but the cheapest on there atm is $413.

Good luck mate.
Quote from ERRUPT :
Damn, if I could get it at 350 that would be a certainty. Do you know where I can get the JB ads so that I could get the discount at Dick Smithe?

Yeh, as stated above, no JB ads, and it seems that their prices change from store to store depending on the manager...

You can try this link: http://www.pcau.com/l4/LOG3575.htm
This one is advertised for 350, but usually they won't price match online ads - but DSE said they'd do 375 if I showed them this Ad.

Also, the Mt Druitt JB Hifi store had 2 left when I went to get mine last week... and from the sounds of it, they were having trouble selling it because it was too expensive for that region... So if you call em up and bargain with them you might be able to bring it down quite a bit
Oh, the link I posted above is out of stock by the way, but you don't have to tell them that when you're attempting a price match
Thanks mate, you're a champ. I won't be buying for a while so I maybe the pcau lot will have them in stock by then
#22 - Davo
You really shoud've gone with a 7900GT instead of the 2 7600GS in SLI. With the 88xx cards coming out the 7900GT is gona drop in price soon so 7900 SLI goodness would be affordable. Not to mention that one 790GT is just as fast as 2 7600GS without the hassles of using nvidias dodgy SLi drivers.
Quote from Davo :You really shoud've gone with a 7900GT instead of the 2 7600GS in SLI. With the 88xx cards coming out the 7900GT is gona drop in price soon so 7900 SLI goodness would be affordable. Not to mention that one 790GT is just as fast as 2 7600GS without the hassles of using nvidias dodgy SLi drivers.

Hehe, little late now. But the truth is, I got the 7600's really cheap. I'm talking like 80 bucks each. So when the time comes around I can upgrade without losing much.
#24 - Davo
Nice price, by the time it comes to upgrade that's how much they'll be worth so you won't lose a thing.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG