The online racing simulator
3dsmax render: missing TGA folder?
(4 posts, started )
I ran into a problem while trying to render a skin in 3dsmax.

I have no probs with the whole process, I'm familiar with 3dsmax and I've loaded a car model and so on. However, when correcting the material I can't find the image maps.

According to the LFS-3DSMax_UK.pdf tutorial there's supposed to be a /tga folder under /data/pic in the LFS install. But I don't have any /tga folder in /pic and therefore no image-maps (for example XF_Interior1.tga).
There's not a single targa-file in all of /data for that matter.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

/Steve
#2 - ORION
When you import the files with the importer, it should create the tga folder (within the pic folder iirc). If this doesnt work, take a look at write protection.
If you didnt use the importer, but only downloaded some file, you will either need to get the plugin or download the tga files from someone else
LFS recently changed to .DDS, the only reason those files was .tga, was because they were converted from the .raw format previously used i think.

No need to do that now.

Download the DDS plugin from nvidia.com, and use the dds files in S2/Data/dds instead.
Ok, thank you kindly.
I got the DDS plugin and I can open the files.

It seems to work just adding them as I would a normal map.
Is that the right way to do it or am I supposed to do something magical with the DX shader Lightmap panel?

/Steve

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG