The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 Trouble
(18 posts, started )
Logitech G25 Trouble
Hello Racers, i have a Problem with my brand new G25.

As it arrived today i had no Problems at all. Install was fine and i had some nice Races. Now out of nowhere the Steering does not work anymore. I can use the Buttons & Shifter Pads on the Wheels, the Shifter and the Pedals still work as well. One thing that strikes me is that the green Status-light (right) on the Shifter is blinking. I have now the feeling that the Power Supply Unit is damaged but there are no visibly Sights. Anyone has a clue?

Btw, i installed the Wheel on my Laptop as well, same effect.

Edit: Without the Logitech Software, same Situation, every Button and Pedal works except the Steering Axis. PS2 / GT4 same Situation That kind of sucks...
That Sucks Plaztik....you got a defective unit.

I would return it immediately for replacement. The flashing light is pretty much a sure fire sign I would say.

-IndyMike
#3 - bbman
Quote from 510N3D :Hello Racers, i have a Problem with my brand new G25.

As it arrived today i had no Problems at all. Install was fine and i had some nice Races. Now out of nowhere the Steering does not work anymore. I can use the Buttons & Shifter Pads on the Wheels, the Shifter and the Pedals still work as well. One thing that strikes me is that the green Status-light (right) on the Shifter is blinking. I have now the feeling that the Power Supply Unit is damaged but there are no visibly Sights. Anyone has a clue?

Btw, i installed the Wheel on my Laptop as well, same effect.

Edit: Without the Logitech Software, same Situation, every Button and Pedal works except the Steering Axis. PS2 / GT4 same Situation That kind of sucks...

Shut down your computer, wait a bit and turn it on again... And then let it do it's calibration (yes, it's supposed to turn all the way to both sides and back to null position)... If it's done that, you can enjoy your wheel...

@mike: Please stay out of it if you have no clue...
thanks bbman but i did let it finish the calibration, nothing happens. Also i lost Steering while in Game, so i allready had it running. (while calibrated before)

And btw, indymike has a G25 as well so he might know what he is talking about :P chill bro
#5 - bbman
Check the cables and reinstall the drivers... Watch the light when it ends calibration... If the LED stays on and starts blinking after some time, and you checked the cables sit tight, you might have had a short power outage or the wheel short-circuited itself...

Possesion doesn't equal knowledge... If he doesn't intend to help, he shouldn't have said anything...
Crank the wheel all the way to the right when the USB is UNPLUGGED. Plug the wheel back in and let it do its self calibration. Do not touch it when it is doing this. It should do several full rotations (normally would do 1).

In LFS, are you 100% sure that the steering axis is functional? Or rather... in Windows? If the steering is showing feedback in Windows, you should be just fine in LFS then... or at least you should need to reset the axes in LFS if this is the case.
Quote from bbman :
Possesion doesn't equal knowledge... If he doesn't intend to help, he shouldn't have said anything...

You need to shut your mouth. Who the hell are you? You don't know me or even most likely have any more knowledge on the subject of this wheel that I don't or can't get. Maybe you thought it would up your rep in this LFS forum or something....in either case it was just stupid. If you think I'm just looking for posts look at my # of posts for the amount of time I have been registered here first. I could give a ratt's ass about my # of posts and think its stupid to even post them on forums as it only promotes post whoring from lamers.

I really NEVER post here and only did b/c Plaztik who is my friend did with a conclusion I had arrived at after doing some research into the issue he was experiencing.

Oh and BTW your so called answer was one I had already recommended to him prior to his posting on here.

Don't mistake a short answer w/ an unknowlegeable one.

I was already trying to help him on LFS prior to posting on here so know what your talking about before opening your mouth.

BTW what did you accomplish? Did you get it to work? Maybe you need shut up and get off of your high horse because you obvisously don't know what your talking about either otherwise it would be working know wouldnt it?

I have owned one and know a bit about electronics....not an expert but enough to get by. I can assure you that the fact that it did not only work w/ his PC but also with his PS2 (if you had read his post more carefully) would have noted to the issue being w/ the wheel itself and not w/ his PC. Logic would dictate that. Also do you work for Logitech? Are you a certified expert on the product? I suspect the answer is NO meaning you don't know any more than any of us.

The fact that you lack any social intelligence only adds to the fact of your lack of knowledge. Use some tact w/ people and you will undoubtedly get better results in the future.

So before you get on your high horse and want to make a feeble attempt at making your sad existence of a so called life feel better by insulting others on a public forum then I suggest you simply Think before you speak.

Hell I don't even know why I need to explain myself except for the fact that your response was so blatently stupid that I just felt I should.
Quote from 510N3D : PS2 / GT4 same Situation That kind of sucks...

This is all you all need to worry about....the fact that it also does not work w/ the PS2 eliminates pretty much 99% of all doubt that it is NOT an issue w/ his PC along w/ the fact he tried it on his laptop.

The Flashing light can mean there is an internal fault within the wheel, a faulty connection to the PC or Console, or possibly software related issues on a PC. If the connection has been double checked for accuracy which he did, and the wheel was tried on his laptop as well w/ the same conclusion along w/ even trying to connect it to his PS2 to drive GT4 with then it only leaves us one possible conclusion.

Read before you show your true intelligence by insulting others without the knowledge yourself to back it up with.....god I hate people who try to make themselves feel important on a public forum.
Quote from Tweaker :Crank the wheel all the way to the right when the USB is UNPLUGGED. Plug the wheel back in and let it do its self calibration. Do not touch it when it is doing this. It should do several full rotations (normally would do 1).

In LFS, are you 100% sure that the steering axis is functional? Or rather... in Windows? If the steering is showing feedback in Windows, you should be just fine in LFS then... or at least you should need to reset the axes in LFS if this is the case.

It was already working in LFS....he was racing w/ me when the fault occured.

It started off w/ him having to stop racing and saying that the wheel was way off center to which I replied to try restarting LFS which he did w/ no avail.

Next we tried unplugging it and plugging it back it to allow it to re-calibrate also w/ no avail.

Next I suggested a system restart also w/ no avail after which he tried the rest of the previously mentioned things.

Thus my conclusion....a faulty wheel.
It hurts to jump to conclusions when using peripherals.... especially with a product that will be a hassle to return and get a new one shipped back. Which is why I think he is asking for help here in the first place? A verdict if it is indeed faulty could come much later, if all else fails. Not everything you did with him is a solution.

Besides, most technical support reps would do this just to save them the time of troubleshooting. If he wants a new wheel badly and right away, he could just get a new one right now.
Well Guys, nevermind, this Thread has gone in the wrong Direction. As i have created it i thought i may can fix this or maybe someone else knows a Trick or probable i have done something wrong while installing the Wheel. After all it looks like it is a techniqual Failure, at least thats what i think because i know, after having the 5th Steering Wheel now (1 cheap Wheel, 2 MS Wheels and 1 Momo), how to install & calibrate them. I just wanted to get sure that i have done everything before ill send it back tomorrow. My only hope is that the next Wheel or this one with a fixed Status will last for longer then for 10 Minutes in Action.

Thanks for checking this Thread and for the Hhelp.
Sorry for your bad luck Plaztik....I'm sure the next one will be better and I wish it really would have been something else.

I'm also sorry for taking the thread in the direction I did....I obviously just didnt like someones comment towards me and being a person who wears my heart on my sleeve I let him know how I felt as I always do.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you get your next one soon!
I'm bumping this thread but for good reason:

Something quite similar to this happened to me this very evening. I have had the wheel for two days and when I connect it to my comp instead of the another, desktop, it just wouldn't start. The LED would be at a very faint dimly lit condition, probably only visible due to it being completley dark in my room. No wheel-turning(calibration) would occur and the profiler wouldn't work properly.

All of this was solved with removing all drivers, cranking the wheel far right and then reinstalling them. Funny thing is the wheel probably recalibrated itself 5-6 times.

/Johan
I have received my G25 this week and within two minutes I had the same problem as the start of this thread... everything functioning apart from the wheel. My conclusion is a faulty power supply as all buttons are fed from USB but force feedback requires the power. Further, even after being plugged in for sometime the transformer was stone cold, hence my conclusion. In any event my supplier has despatched an advance replacement, unfortunately it will not be here untill after Xmas... BUMMER!!!
Sorry to bump this thread but this problem just happened to me ... on my 2nd G25 ... for the 2nd time Exact same problem with the 1st one I had which is why I have a 2nd one because I had to send the other back. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is and what causes it because it has happened to me twice now
I had the same problem, and the solution for me was to plug in the g25 only when I am going to play with it. Sometimes when i start my pc with the wheel plugged in it does that, mabey 1/100 times.
Nope, that isn't my problem. I have to send it back because it has become defective. I just want to know what causes this problem because it has happened to me on 2 different G25's and it is getting incredibly frustrating.
This happened to me after I installed the LibUSB filters for using the PS3 controller. Then all of the buttons worked, but none of the axes, and the power light blinked. Uninstalled them, plugged out the wheel and plugged it back in, and away it went

Logitech G25 Trouble
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG