The online racing simulator
How to see if someone has license on demo servers.
How can i know if people who are racing on a demo server have S2 license?
there is no way,demo is completely anonym
Sup man!, well thanks i knew that it is anonym but didnt know that theres no way to know it
yeah unfrotunately its impossible
From in-game, no you can't find out, as you can't see their username. If you could see that, then you could look it up on LFS World and find out that way. You could just try their display name, but (at a guess) I'd suspect a lot of drivers change their display name (if only subtly) from their licensed username.

Also I'd imagine most licensed racers rarely touch the demo, personally I haven't been there in over a year.
#6 - Jakg
Can't you just use Ctrl + Shift?
Ctrl+shift?
Quote from Jakg :Can't you just use Ctrl + Shift?

Nope, only toggles between usernames and display names on licensed servers.
Quote from Blas89 :Ctrl+shift?

wont work with demo.

oh you posted just some seconds before me
Anyway dudes, thanks for answer my question now u can close the thread if ya want
i am very happy helping you although you cant see licence names on demo.good luck mate and have fun !
Quote from Bob Smith :Also I'd imagine most licensed racers rarely touch the demo, personally I haven't been there in over a year.

Well I used to use the demo all the time when the PitStop Demo server was up because that's were I made all my m8s from LFS and we was a great comunity but we can't get the demo server back up yet But we have the S2 server but would like to race the demo server too

I sometimes go on demo when I am looking for an XFG race, and the only way to find out if someone is licensed is to ask them
I race in demo quite often as do numerous other S2 lic drivers you get too know by becoming familiar over time with the people you race against - either by talking to them or noticing they are from S2 servers where you have been or visa versa
#15 - Davo
I like to stir the demo users up and ask them if they have a cracked version of LFS lol should see them all asking for a crack lol. best thing about demo is getting all your wrecking out on a server that you cant ruin ur rep or get permanently banned from most of the time. Good fun is to be had on demo servers and noobs are the funniest because they've probably worn out their shift and r buttons.
Quote from Bob Smith :From in-game, no you can't find out, as you can't see their username. If you could see that, then you could look it up on LFS World and find out that way. You could just try their display name, but (at a guess) I'd suspect a lot of drivers change their display name (if only subtly) from their licensed username.

Also I'd imagine most licensed racers rarely touch the demo, personally I haven't been there in over a year.

Of course you can find out!
"Hi, does anyone here have an S2 license?"
It would be nice if there was an indication of a licensed driver on demo servers though.
My favorite pasttime use to be joining in the XFG, XRG, XRT servers and beating all the XRT noobs in the XFG . Unfortunately, I haven't done much on demo with the new patch, so now if I go there, the noobs spank my arse, LOL.
#18 - Gunn
Quote from Davo :I like to stir the demo users up and ask them if they have a cracked version of LFS lol should see them all asking for a crack lol. best thing about demo is getting all your wrecking out on a server that you cant ruin ur rep or get permanently banned from most of the time.

If you are notifying demo users that a crack is available and "getting all of your wrecking out" on demo servers then you are encouraging illegal use of the software and damaging the reputation of LFS online racers. What a hero.

There's a good chance that you just ruined your rep and got permanently banned from several licensed servers just by posting here. Thanks for the heads-up.

:dunce:
Yeah that sucks to hear people doing that I goto demo cause I like XFG alot and to encourage and support new people not to drive them away from LFS

@ mrodgers That is a crack up when you beat new guys who use the XRT and your in an XFG, at the end of the race they scratch there heads and go wtf, but after that the desire to get better
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Look where the conversation has gone! lol, u wrecker man, u should be crash by the whole people on demo
I was just few days ago practising the SO4/LX6 race against ai drivers and after they had me spun for the 4th time I took some red pills and wrecked few ai drivers. And I felt so guilty and bad about it later

Racing against the ai feels so weird anyway. Since I bought LFS I really haven't driven against AIs at all.

---
About the subject:
FIX : Could not view user names in replay if MP mode was Demo
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=9869

So at least the names should be viewable in the replays at least. Didn't bother to check, need to... make excuse to not to... anyways...
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
I just got done racing Blackwood RallyX on a demo server. Loads of fun. Especially since my roomate does not have an S2 license.

Since I got my license, I have lost my ability to drive the XFG on pavement.
I'm quite fond of the XRT / BL1 combo which is rather rare in S2-land (TBO dominated by FXOs, "all car" BL1 servers inevitably end up as a BF1-fest). So I spend probably a bit of an unhealthy amount on time on demo. Is it the wrong thing to spend time on a combo in which you are vaguely competitive?

Yes, the quality of driving and level of driver etiquette is noticeably lower on demo, and indeed there are some sessions when it really is spectacularly bad, but if you know where to go, you can get some great racing in. DFH seems pretty good nowadays, and the old domagk45 server was certainly a place of legend.

What I aim to do when I'm on demo is to be an exemplar of the right sort of racing behaviour. E.g. politely remind folks to observe the blue flag (without being smug or arrogant about it), even explain what a blue flag means, race with courtesy and respect, politely ask people not to mindlessly join the track from the pits just in front of me as race leader, be extra careful not to punt slower drivers off the track even if I am 5 seconds per lap faster than them*, be gracious with setups and advice etc.

This way you encourage the right behaviours, for both demo and potentially for S2, if any demo racers make the switch. Certainly it also gives you a good opportunity to put a gentle sales plug in.

One thing that would be nice is some sort of visible differentiation for the S2 racers hanging around on a demo server. I wondered if perhaps letting the auto-skin download for only S2 licensed racers on demo servers would be a big incentive - you'd have all these anonymous white cars plus a few guys with the full car skin treatment:

Demo: "yo Rakhsh - ur car looks rly cool m8 wtf??!?!?!omg!!!!111one" etc.
Me: "Well that's because I'm an S2 licensed racer. Cool, huh? "
Demo:

etc.

And don't think that this is an academic or farcical conversation thread. I often get asked how do you have a coloured racer name...

While this would chew up some of the LFSWorld bandwidth as the demo racers download the skins for the S2 racers, but potentially it might get a few more demo guys to buy the game, even if it was only for the skin feature (not that they would stick on just demo if they had an S2 license, but you know what I mean). Think about T-shirts with company logos on them ... you are just a walking advert. An S2 racer on a demo server could act as the same.

Cheers

Rakhsh
* p.s. not being arrogant here, it is not that hard to be 5 seconds a lap faster than a newbie on demo
I race on demo servers under a psuedo-name quite a bit, its actually pretty nice racing anonymously.

Dan,
Quote from Dennisjr13 :I sometimes go on demo when I am looking for an XFG race, and the only way to find out if someone is licensed is to ask them

Me: Does anyone have S2?
Player 1: I dont i got crack, want it?

Me: Anyone else here licenced?
*no responses*
I get wrecked every corner

Thats the general responses ive found out from demo servers asking.
There is occasions i will go to demo if i want to race xfg bl1 for example and sometime i have found it neccessary to change my name, so even if S2 user came on they wouldnt know.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG