The online racing simulator

Poll : Do you set your own car up?

Well I kinda customise other people's setups
Yes, I set my own cars up
No, I use other people's setups
I drive the cars straight out of the box
#1 - Joris
Poll: Do you set your own car up?
I'm curious. How many people set their own cars up?
I dont.

Tbh, I havent even tried yet. And I dont think, I would be able to make good sets.

But if I receive a good one, I always use it on several tracks. I dont go around begging everyone for their sets.
#3 - Joris
I take the joy of seting up myself. I recon it's part of the game. That way I can say I didn't get my bachelors degree in automotive engineering in vain.
I usually try to make my own sets and it usually works out pretty well for me. However, I will sometimes grab a set off Inferno or from a teammate and tweak that.
I either modify someone else's set or make my own. More recently (thanks to the very handy suspension analyser and bob's setup guide) I have been making my own setups from scratch.
I mostly use others and do some small customizations with tires and simple stuff. I think I've done one set from scratch for a OLFSL race, wasn't that bad actually, but don't know if it was more about luck rather than engineer skill when I did it, race was ok- but could have had something to do with skill. I suck at making sets, you really need a engineer degree, should hire an engineer for myself like the real race drivers
#7 - bbman
I take other people's (WR-)setups, which I then modify to my liking... After I'm finished though, not much but the gearing is how I got it...
I ussualy ask others if they can send me their set and i set it up to fit my driving style. I ussualy don't make a setup from scratch.
I build all my own sets and use the Race_S as the base.
I get a set from inferno for a similar track and customize that. I never touch the gears though, I would just mess it up.
Usually make my own, if after a good while of trying, I haven't come up with anything remotely useful I'll ask for a set and modify it to suit me.
i usually modify other peoples sets (ello biggie )

then i try to adapt them to my driving, but mainly to the track.
after 1 hour of tweaking that set i realize that it just sucks and start again.

(sometimes it works tho )
I modify inferno sets, but if there is any budding coders out there up for a challenge how about an automatic setup maker that can analyse 10 of your laps around a track and then create the setup file for you. This would be cool.
Ive tried making my own, ive managed a few decent sets, but only for cars I drive often. Normally I will just tweak someones set, usually off inferno, to suit me.
Hmm, a toughie for me.

I've been making my own sets for years and rarely even look at other people's sets.
i get some sets given to me, but i tend to only tweek one setup (aston club WR set thanks MIKI) to last a long time. i have tweeked a setup to last 60+ laps on blackwood (XFR) and fernbay and aston club to name just a few. i find the aston club set for the xfr to be one of the best "base" sets around
I use my sets.
That's why i often cant drive as the fastest guys.
But that's why i almost never crash while going at 100%.
i dont know how to make a gd set as in what gear ratio and stuff i should use for different tracks
I've always wanted to be able to make my own setups, but It seems that i'm not good at it, maybe i need more theory of how the different settings affect each other, but for now i have tons of things to study for college so i only modify someone else's setup to fit the amout of laps that i'm goig to race.
i use inferno sets they are surely better then mines .)
i use inferno sets or sets i get sent online. however obviously if you feel thres something wrong with it or the set doesnt exactly fit your style then try to alter it. although i only tweak things a little bit. like tyre pressure and brakes and so on.
Quote from bbman :I take other people's (WR-)setups, which I then modify to my liking... After I'm finished though, not much but the gearing is how I got it...

I'm with bbman. The majority of my sets are from folks in the servers with a few from Inferno. But that was way back in patch P. Since the current physics, I've modified all my patch P sets and they are completely different now. I also have more experience that I can now think "I want the back to rotate just a bit more" and make a click here or there to make smaller more precise changes. I've also recently started playing with the coast setting of the differential. Never messed with that back in the old patch.

Occasionally though, if I've been stuck at a PB time for a while, I'll ask for a set on the server just for something new and different. Then the tweaking starts all over again and before you know it, it is completely different from the sent set and my old set as well.
i mod the inferno sets, the way i skid the car through every corner, i destroy the tyres. On FXR/ASNA i got a R4 with max pressure up to 130(farhenhiet) in four laps.
I make my own setups... even if they arent the best i get more pride from doing a quick lap on my own set than someone elses! If i'm really stuck then i'll ask what downforce people use or ask if they are using a relatively hard or soft set just to get a base for my own. I never use anyone elses sets though! it seems like cheeating to me
#25 - dev

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG