The online racing simulator
problem with nvidia profile
(12 posts, started )
hi!

i just wanted to turn AA and AF on for LFS, as i had before i reinstalled windows.. but now i only get errors!

and here are the ones in question:
Attached images
message.jpg
message2.jpg
#2 - Jakg
Try updating the drivers or using nHancer for profiles
the drivers are up-to-date.. haven't tried nHancer, but i will!
Have you got SP2 now where you didn't before?

Turn off the execute disable bit feature in your bios and this should stop happening.
the install is excactly the way it was earlier.. and wth is execute disable bit feature? nothin like that in my bios..
#6 - Davo
Wow see something new evrryday, never seen that error before. nvidia profiler doesn't work they broked it in the latest drivers. nhancer doesn't work either for me so I just set it up manually.
All nV 9x.xx drivers seemes like one big beta version to me. On recent 93.71 weirdly doesnt work TV-Out for ex. CounterStrike makes bluescreen crash when minimized and so - bug in the whole 9x.xx crap.

Try to reverting on 91.47 version, they seemed to be the most correct from all the crappy 9x.xx series.

BTW, Execute bit disable can be also disabled from windows AFAIK, but southamptonfc most likely didnt realize that firstly you need a CPU supporting this feature before trynig to disable it (namely A64, 6xx series Prescotts, Smithfield, Presler, D9xx, Core2) - just FYI.

I bet that disabling it woudnt solve the problem at all...
well, i've definately noticed a slight change in performance the last couple of months.. but there's no virus or spyware/malware on here, so i find it a bit weird...

setup:

asus a8n-sli
a64 3700+
1024MB RAM
xfx 6800gs
160GB Seagate SATA
200GB Samsung Spinpoint

oh, and it seems i have a major bug in a driver somewhere.. running 93.71 according to rivatuner, and my core is now running @ 730Mhz and my memory is running @ 1650Mhz.. well according to rivatuner atm that is!

this is waaay off, as my card should/is running @ 500/1100 Mhz
#9 - Jakg
Tried drivercleaning the drivers off, then putting the 92.91's (the newer ones were unstable FOR ME) on? Might help!

EDIT - You can do driver cleaner to anything else as well - perhaps remove the chipset drivers and update as well?
haven't tried older graphics drivers.. but i could.. the chipset drivers are the last available.. at least i believe they are!
#11 - Jakg
I meant removing them (by an uninstall), reboot, then run driver cleaner to get rid of them completely, THEN install them again (might work, might not!)
Error in reported frequency is a known bug that is "with us" since 92.xx releases(and IIRC some QuadSLI-only versions had it too). As Jakg suggested, if you have problems, then the best thing you can do is to reverting on older version. 91.47 seemed to be OK. Going back to 8x.xx's can noticably affect performance in newer games, but despite that they are all 98% OK.

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG