The online racing simulator
Reputation System
(13 posts, started )
Reputation System
i think this should be implemented into LFS World.

A system that allows other players to comment on other players. Similar to the Xbox Live system. it will show the wreckers from the serious racers. and would help league hosts to choose the right people.

as for ingame reputation. maybe a percentage (%) or Stars to show there Reputation score (As maybe a quick view option for example :/Gizmo - Rep)

Instead of using their actual license name, use their current server name they are connected with (Avoids confusion with finding their LFS Name IMO) and then it could pop up with something like this (Gizmo - ).

as for reporting or praising players, maybe have this option (/Gizmo - Praise) (/Gizmo - Report). Then the next time you visit LFS world, you can write your report on the player and submit it.

I think this should be implemented, and will promote more fairplay out there.

Cheers
#2 - dev
-10^99, I realy think this is not neaded
not necessary and hard to do
I think, simplified, that its a great idea. Maybe send a rating of a player as a number (e.g. 9 for 9/10) to LFSWorld (not sure how this would work) when racing?

Anyway +1 definately.

You could have servers which only allow people over a specific rating to join maybe? And have the default player rating as 10. (although this system could be abused, if someone rates a player as 1, and they can't join anything). Meh, I don't really know what i'm talking about do I?
Well, maybe have a system where, when you report a player online for whatever reason, LFS also uploads the replay file to support your reporting
would be nice. BUt im 99% sure it would be abused. There are the few that would be more than happy to mess it up for the many.
Quote from djgizmo68 :i think this should be implemented into LFS World.

A system that allows other players to comment on other players. Similar to the Xbox Live system. it will show the wreckers from the serious racers. and would help league hosts to choose the right people.

Tell me... how many wreckers have you HONESTLY seen on S2 servers? And we already have plenty of effective ways to deal with EXTREMELY RARE cases of deliberate and continous wrecking.

The number of wreckers is as low as Shakira's pants so why would we need a shady automated system that has no value whatsoever over community and license based monitoring.

This whole suggestion has that Attention & Asskissing Circlejerk overtone more than anything to me.

Quote from djgizmo68 :Well, maybe have a system where, when you report a player online for whatever reason, LFS also uploads the replay file to support your reporting

*cough* We already have that kind of a system implemented on many servers *cough*
Its not really that reporting and finding wreckers, but the fact of saying to a person "This player is great to race with" Etc.

Wreckers are low on S2, i agree. but it wasnt mainly just for wreckers, but the fact to praise fellow sim players, complement and show the LFS community what you think of that driver, why you would recommend that driver etc
#9 - Gunn
We have this, which does a good job of weeding out the few troublemakers without jumping to wild conclusions or dragging people through the streets.
There is already a reputation system, it's the same as in real life

You drive fair or fast or preferably both together, then other good drivers take notice, and then will look for you again.

I tend to look for servers where there is at least one other guy that I have raced with previously, and find 99.99% of the time you only have to do one race with people you have not raced before, and you start building a reputation with them immediately for better or worse
Quote from spankmeyer :*cough* We already have that kind of a system implemented on many servers *cough*

Try this. Sorry I couldn't help it.
Quote from franky500 :would be nice. BUt im 99% sure it would be abused. There are the few that would be more than happy to mess it up for the many.

I absolutely agree with that

Quote from Glenn67 :There is already a reputation system, it's the same as in real life

You drive fair or fast or preferably both together, then other good drivers take notice, and then will look for you again.

I tend to look for servers where there is at least one other guy that I have raced with previously, and find 99.99% of the time you only have to do one race with people you have not raced before, and you start building a reputation with them immediately for better or worse

I was going to post this exact comment. It's not only individuals, but teams as well. I know if I see anyone from Core, LOTF, Blacksheep, Mercury, NASSA, etc, they are good folks to race with (sorry if I missed your team in there). If it is a team member that I haven't met yet, I can be fairly sure they are ok judging by the other teammates.

Same with individuals. I look for the same folks as well. You already have a reputation. It is up to you to increase that reputation if it isn't known already with good clean racing. Wreckers and idiots are quickly sorted out, especially with the Wrecker Barricade.

Reputation System
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG