The online racing simulator
Biofuel
(33 posts, started )
Biofuel
Since several BTCC teams run their cars on bioethanol, please could we have XFRs that run on it?

Maybe an XF TDI (XFT) that runs on biodiesel as well
+1 thats a good idea especially the diesel one.
+1 to diesel road cars

-1 to any bio fuel, it's just not widespread enough yet
+1
maybe not XFT because T could mean turbo (GTT)
XFD would be better. D stands for diesel
#5 - JTbo
What else would be different than text stating it has biofuel in tank instead of fuel?

There is no gasoline engine powercurves even now, just some artificial generated curves, so it would not be too much difference (if any) to have different fuel.
interesting, especially for all the dorifo kingus. Nothing better than a car smoking round a corner on the governer pouring out a plume of black smoke!

However, think of the advantages - extra few laps between stops!
#7 - dev
Quote from Leifde :+1 to diesel road cars

:iagree:
+1~~~~
And how about Fuel cell & hydrogen Fuel???
Quote from JTbo :What else would be different than text stating it has biofuel in tank instead of fuel?

There is no gasoline engine powercurves even now, just some artificial generated curves, so it would not be too much difference (if any) to have different fuel.

^what JTbo said. Pointless addition. Don't waste Scawens time!
Quote from Leifde :+1 to diesel road cars

yeah i agree
Quote from al heeley :^what JTbo said. Pointless addition. Don't waste Scawens time!

I'm of this mindset too. Unless there is something to generate smells in the near future, you'll just have to place a bucket of deep-frying greese next to the computer. Same effect.

#12 - CSU1
How to make biofuel anyway , get the pit crew to throw a load of turkey's in a blender or somthin?
:laola:
I said it before, I reckon that the XF GTi should have a diesel version, something like a Fabia VRs style engine, surely it wouldnt be that hard to add?.

Dan,
#15 - CSU1
Quote from danowat :I said it before, I reckon that the XF GTi should have a diesel version, something like a Fabia VRs style engine, surely it wouldnt be that hard to add?.

Dan,

How would they go about modelng the engine, I mean apart from just calling it the XF TDi and adding low end torque to the engine to simulate the way a diesel would run..but that could be achieved through the ratios...so what significant difference deos a diesel engine have from a petrol injected engine in LFS(not IRL)
The increased torque, the turbo, the fuel consumption, proving that diesels aren't slow like they used to be, being the only "simulator" to have a diesel car (GT4 ISNT a simulator).

For something so seemingly simply to add to LFS, it would IMO, be a great addition.....

Dan,
#17 - axus
-1. What next, e-hippies, complaining about the Blackwood forest being destroyed?
Is there any use to this? Yes, biofuel! Hurrah! We're not environmentalists in a game, get outside and do something instead. Just write 'BIOFUEL' on the side of your car. It would be completly pointless, even if you say a gti is running on biofuel, what's the difference? You feel better that you will not pollute lfs tracks?

If it's about advertising biofuels, it's not even a good idea. You don't advertise biofuels by using it to do a race, which on an environmental POV is an activity totally pointless and certainly bad for the earth. illepall

I'd rather have solar cars and a day/night cycle so we can do 24hours races were all the cars stop dead at night and move only when it's the day.
Biofuel such as ethanol mixed in gasoline in no bio at all. The word bio is there to sell nothing else, it is not any better for the enviroment. Ethanol releases more carbon dioxide than normal fuels when burnt and making of the ethanol can be guite bad for the enviroment and such. It's just a scam to make green people happy for a time and make oil last a teeny weeny time longer because yankees can't give up their foking SUVs.

/rant mode off
Quote from Blackout :It's just a scam to make green people happy for a time and make oil last a teeny weeny time longer because yankees can't give up their foking SUV's.

Wow! That should be saved somewhere, so true
#22 - CSU1
Quote from Blackout :Biofuel such as ethanol mixed in gasoline in no bio at all. The word bio is there to sell nothing else, it is not any better for the enviroment. Ethanol releases more carbon dioxide than normal fuels when burnt and making of the ethanol can be guite bad for the enviroment and such. It's just a scam to make green people happy for a time and make oil last a teeny weeny time longer because yankees can't give up their foking SUV's.

/rant mode off

So, your saying normal fuel is good for trees and plants, but ethanol is much kinder to trees and plants?!? lmao!!!illepall
No wonder you think it's a scam.
It's like Organic tomatoes at the supermarket. A Scam. I intend to go into a supermarket one day and ask for some non-organic tomatoes (or whatever) and see what they do.

If they bring me some normal (i.e. not labelled as Organic) tomatoes I'm going to burst!
Quote from tristancliffe :It's like Organic tomatoes at the supermarket. A Scam. I intend to go into a supermarket one day and ask for some non-organic tomatoes (or whatever) and see what they do.

If they bring me some normal (i.e. not labelled as Organic) tomatoes I'm going to burst!

Heh that's exactly what they will do What else could they do? They have tomatoes which, presumably, are farmed using chemical pesticides and so on, and tomatoes which are farmed without using chemical pesticides and fertilisers and so forth.
I agree that the whole organic thing is very much a marketing spiel, but the current dictionary definitions are fairly clear. Of course it's all organic matter though, if that's what you're drawing attention to
imo, it's two different things. You can't really say that the non-organic tomatoes are worse because they simply are better! They're redder and probably taste technically better. They're bigger, stay red longer and you can even wash dish with them.

The fuel is a different things. You can't really say that any is good because they kinda all do the same job. You can't say if ethanol is really better than normal fuel, they both make your car work the same, or in a very similar way.

The solution to that is to bring something that is both better for your car and the environement, which is probably electricity, and NOT ****in hybrid cars, what a waste these things. It's like saying: "uh, we're making the fuel stay with us longer". Is that any good? IMO, just use all of the fuel, than once there's none, the situation will not get worse, we'll all die but 2 people who will have to do the human race again.

Biofuel
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG