The online racing simulator
Racing Radio V2.0
(131 posts, started )
Quote from bigj6230 :stop flaming my thread...i dont flame yours...i dont expect the same...illepall

and i do believe that the site has only been running for what...2 days

and that you only need to join if you want to use the forum...

*sits and waits for the "im not flaming, show me where im flaming" reply*

No reply like that coming.

I'm make a better reply for the one above.

"Clydeside designs looks exactly like your last website did you make it?.

Also you put Racing Raido in your sig"

There, now no flaming.

Sorry.
Racing Radio V2.0
Good afternoon Ladies, Gents & Racers of all ages

We here at racing radio appologise for the lack of coverage in the month of september, however we have 3 important announcements:

Racing Radio HQ (hosted by 500servers.com)*
is now online for your entertainment (track & car will change daily)

racing-radio.co.uk (Hosted by Clydesidedesigns.co.uk)*
is now online for your entertainment (including a station player on the station info page)

Racing Radio Now Playing 24 hours a day**
Thats right ladies and gents Racing Radio is now play 24hours a day

thank you for your continued co-operation and support during our first few months of operation.

Danoth
Station Manager / Webmaster / Head DJ

* These Services may encounter technical glitches beyond Racing Radio's Control
** The 24 hour service is music only for around 12 hours and 12 hours will be with human interaction.
Listening now

I suggest putting a link to the station itself on the main page as it took me a minute to find it, otherwise it's all good.
might be a plan

OR if i made the middle section out of an IFrame i could then have the station at the non-existant bottom section...then you have the station on from the top...
#55 - Vain
I thoroughly enjoy this.

Vain
I'm bowled over by this...can i just take this time to THANK YOU ALL !

Unquie Users = 236

Peak Listeners = 35

Average listening time = 1.14 hours

noobish question:

hi, i'm used to listen local sounds (music) with winamp and all it's in-plugs like ape; obvious mp3; or Aud (command & conquer), i'd like to use vlc for various internet-radio streams but your stream only plays with winamp and the problem with playlist interuption/distortion.
So can someone tell me how to utilize the vlc for that singular purpose?

Thx regards

ps: interresting dialect, sounds quite funny when used to "political correct" tv-news-reader pronunciation
Glasgow dialect or Scottish dialect

and there is only distortion because my winamp decides to die every now and again...anyway..we are running 96kbps sterio...(wrong spelling)

and it will only run with winamp if winamp is your default player...it will run on any other mediaplayer that allows you to input information into it...like windows media and vlc...which is all explained on the website..
#59 - Vain
I also noticed that VLC denies to play the stream. VLC reads the name of the stream and can even display the name of the currently playing song, but it won't actually play the stream.
It works nicely in WMP 9 though. Don't know what's wrong there...

But I actually understand you quite well.

Oh, and about the number of peak listeners: This number is propably limited by the server's bandwidth. During peak times the stream is really boggled down. But in general it works well.

Vain
anyone here utilizing the hunt and collector instinct on internet radios?
me sometimes finds himself wanting the sound that was played, but finds it very uncomfortable to re-record the sound, there has to be some stream-ripper...
<<< goes googling...
#61 - troy
well our server doesnt like people ripping our stream

but if you do...we dont know anything
thx for the answers

#64 - troy
rippin a stream for private purpose (means if you keep it for you)
is still fully legal, even if somebody up's stuff from your radio
your not the one who gets problems its the uploader

even if the musicindustry wants to make you believe everything is illegaly
there is still much you can do with the law on your side
All i know is that their my hosting company and that im not going to cross them
-
(ATC Quicksilver) DELETED by ATC Quicksilver
Can i make a request?

How about some decent music! I crashed twice when Jay-Z then Girls Aloud came on...now look at the average age of lfs racers...we are not 13!

Seriously though, just wack in the Best of Air Guitar album so that the cheesy loves songs and teen pop is less of a burden on our ears
...why do people want more when their getting it for free??

the server on lfs, Racing Radio HQ (500servers.com)
the shoutcast server (z-hostings)
the main server (racing-radio.co.uk)

and the most important thing

A LEGAL MUSIC COLLECTION

all cost ALOT of money...on average im spending £100 A WEEK ON THIS FRICKIN' stuff........

if you want i'll shut down the whole thing...the servers, the music collection, everything...and for what...because you dont like...how many..3 most of the songs that the radio plays...please mate...how many radio stations do you know that play ALL the songs you like on it ALL the time???

none....

i'm sorry to the rest of you who have to read this....but enough is enough...i have had 50+ emails saying they dont like 1 or 2 out of the 520+ songs that are playing on this station...if you dont like the song...dont listen to the song...

*rant over*
#68 - Jakg
not bad - just tuned in and after about 15 secs XMPlay (what im using - prefer it to Winamp) said "ICY 401 Service Unavailable"
yup i'v closed the connection...

service suspended until tomorrow
#70 - Jakg
1. my connection is playing up

2. i want to do some diagnostics on the server

3. i want to test somethings

J
Ack blast, I was just trying to tune in as a 'repeat customer'
whens it on next?
Quote :whens it on next?

Quote :service suspended until tomorrow

whens the fm on next.