The online racing simulator
Thinking of buying lfs
(117 posts, started )
#1 - DjeMz
Thinking of buying lfs
hey all

thinking of buyign lfs via paypal and just wondering how long will it take me for to get out there and start racing!

cheers

eMz
The payment should be faster than the time you waited for an answer (provided you use an instant payment method at PayPal)

And welcome!
#3 - DjeMz
cheers vic!

i have around 5-6 mates who want to sign up aswell, can we work* something out? PM me if you can, would be MUCH appreciated
No, I'm afraid not. There are no group discount options available.
It has a ridiculous price already for the countless hours of entertaiment you'll get. I have 2 s2 licenses, one for me and my other for my little brother. Best cash spent ever.

In my opinion is underpriced software.
Sure gives bang for your buck :up:
#7 - XsX!
buy it, you will not regreet
Wait a bit...if next patch is so interesting than the 20 lastests... i'll give mine.
Live for Speed is easily worth the money.
Well for me LFS is the most underpriced game there is eg look at the xbox 360 in the uk it can cost upto £50 for NFSC and that is without tech support and new patches for better gameplay so you are lucky to get lfs for the price it is now and it does not cost an arm and a leg to run on any pc
#11 - CSU1
Quote from gwendoline :Wait a bit...if next patch is so interesting than the 20 lastests... i'll give mine.

Ok, we'll hold you to that Gwen, If you don't like the next patch you'll give away your liscence
i think you dont know me.
I have only one say...trust me....and many of my friends will follow me.
I think soon lot of licences are give.
#13 - CSU1
Quote from gwendoline :i think you dont know me.
I have only one say...trust me....and many of my friends follow me...trust me.
I think soon lot of licences are give.

Ok, it's kind of hard to read your broken English, but correct me if I'm wrong.
Are you saying that you and some friends of yours in the French community are not happy with the way the last twenty or so patches have been implimented into LFS, and that you all plan giving away your liscence's?
yes.
Well, then we'll have quite a bunch of happy ex-demo users and even more happy forum users who finally don't have to endure your constant nonconstructive whining anymore. Please go. :geezer:
Typical french, give up and surrender when it doesnt go your way .

P.S. this is a joke, don't take it the wrong way
#17 - CSU1
Quote from gwendoline :yes we are bored to see game developpement is stopped...any really new things, small changes since begining...we help (money) devs to improove game developpement and we think they works only for security on game now.

Well, i'm sorry to hear of how unhappy you all are, but Rome wasn't built in a day, and there are better approaches to be taken when trying to get your point across to the dev's! Stating in a thread made by a demo user hoping to buy a liscence that you and friends of yours will be giving your liscences away because you are bored is one approach I would steer clear of.
i've attempt with unsuccess to call they by MP or mail...all rejected.
Quote from gwendoline :yes we are bored to see game developpement is stopped...any really new things, small changes since begining...we help (money) devs to improove game developpement and we think they works only for security on game now.

You come to very many conclusions, friend.
And all this because you failed to update your apps/scripts for the new pubstats? I thought that was the last we were going to hear about this since you asked Scawen to lock that thread...

This topic is about the original poster's "how long will it take me for to get out there and start racing?" question - not about why you are not pleased with something that you didn't do when you were warned about it beforehand multiple times.
#20 - CSU1
Quote from gwendoline :i've attempt with unsuccess to call they by MP or mail...all rejected.

Ok then, have you posted a full in dept list of all the things that you are unhappy with? If so: link please.
If not there's no time like the present...
#21 - axus

Holy shit, man! Let Scawen do his thing. You didn't buy a slave for £24, you bought a game in ALPHA stage, and you were made well aware of the situation before buying. You raced online loads probably (hundreds of hours) and enjoyed it loads, so its not like you haven't enjoyed the game.

What's more, you don't seem to understand that the work in patch U -> V HAD to be done so Scawen can focus on the core of LFS for the next few patches before S2 final. The time between incompatible updates has to be kept minimal so that people don't think that Scawen has disappeared with the money. Scawen's hard at work on LFS right now (he mentioned 10 hour days, ), I can assure you that - it doesn't matter that its not the work you want done. A solid, stable, polished version V will be released in the next few weeks and after that, everything will go silent for a few months while Scawen works on an incompatible version.

You claim you were such a fan. Surely, you know the drill by now - compatible work = people complaining about the updates not being on the core, incompatible work = people complaining about the lack of updates. Why can't people just be happy for a change?
Quote from axus :Why can't people just be happy for a change?

Do you want an alphabetical list or will arbitrary order be acceptable? :P

Gwendoline, I understand that you really like LFS (you've done 143034km according to the stats - which means that you've really played this game ALOT) but perhaps you just need to take a break for a while? What you're feeling is probably a bonk - you've overraced yourself ... so just take it easy for a while.

Also, if you want the devs to respond you'd probably need to get someone to translate any email you want into English - that way you'll avoid misunderstandings and make it easier to communicate.
Hey calm down i dont say this game is shit.
Yes i cant understand all of your talk, many are unreadables to me...sry i'm a noob in english.
Its not easy to me to understand all...but i made my better to try.
We just very tired to wait for some nice "Easter'eggs" inside some patch like the begining. Any real significative amazing changes.
I dont critik game and concept...we are just tired to wait too long time too watch game speed evolution.
i drive often for settling servers and lapper experiments and already leagues.
I've always work to increase french LFS community and give my passion for LFS at all before.
Nobody here can pretend give me some lessons.
I've always work to made events around LFS to turn it more attractive and amazing.
I'm really sorry if you guys cant understand why this long waiting time turn "beyon on power".
Quote from gwendoline :...

I think I'm having an off-topic deja-vu.

Anyway, if you want to shed your S2 license... gimme!
Gwendoline, it's so easy to contact us, it's quite unbelievable that you could be complaining. We are probably the most easy game developers to contact, in the world.

Victor already explained to you that if you have any problem at all with the pubstats, you can make a post here :

http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=78

Your email to tech support was just saying something like, how can you contact Victor if he has turned off mails. Victor has stopped doing technical support so he has turned off forum emailing. And there is no need to contact him directly, because you can use the forum.

We are obviously still here answering all sensible questions.

And I've already posted links in your previous thread, full of repeated explanations about the test patches and why they are necessary.

Thinking of buying lfs
(117 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG