The online racing simulator
#1 - Bean0
Auto Spectate on Out Of Bounds
This would probably be best with a server side option, but I feel it should be implemented.

First noticed the issue during an STCC practice session where cars that went over the wall at the first chicane on FE Club were teleported right onto the racing line after the chicane.

Same thing happened on Aston Cadet a couple of days ago when I stupidly hit the clutch instead of brake at the first hairpin, I shot past the tyres and was teleported right into the middle of the pack at the same turn.
i think you are right and i give you positive vote Well done !
spectate is a bit rough, why not just fix the teleport location...?
Quote from Blowtus :spectate is a bit rough, why not just fix the teleport location...?

Yes. Pit exit I say.
#5 - Bean0
Quote from duke_toaster :Yes. Pit exit I say.

This would still be a problem if there was a car leaving the pits at the same time.
Quote from Bean0 :This would still be a problem if there was a car leaving the pits at the same time.

Or in the pit garage.
or somewhere else not on the racing line but nearer to the "crash" location.
#8 - Woz
+1 spectate. You need a big off to get out of bounds.

But then I am all for no mid race join and no jump to pits, just a retire from race button.
As a translator, I've seen that a string exists that says: "cannot reset, as this will result in a yellow flag situation".

So, if the yellow flag algorithm is to get better and work (because currently it leaves a lot to be desired), and if the automatic resetting is (or becomes) equivalent to manual resetting as far as the game's engine is concerned, then problem solved: when one is about to be teleported back to the track, then he would actually have to wait until there is no possibility for yellow flag.

Since the next incompatible patch will also have the option for allowing or disallowing car resetting in a server, I see that it might be possible to resolve this issue soon.
Why not just rotate the car through 180 degrees and dump it back where it went out of bounds, then it's up to the driver to make a safe rejoin.
Quote from ajp71 :Why not just rotate the car through 180 degrees and dump it back where it went out of bounds, then it's up to the driver to make a safe rejoin.

See my original post, this was first noticed when cars went over the wall at Fern Bay, they would not be able to get back on to the track.
For your reassurance Beano during STCC events going out of bounds will autospectate you. We descovered how to make this happen just before round 4, and the private server has the feature in place for round 5. Up until now it hasnt been on the public server because its always been full when i've gone to do it.

The solution is to use marshalls at the likely out of bounds areas.

As for where a driver should rejoin - sorry but if you have gone out of bounds you are totally retired! Odds are you are halfway to the moon anyway.
there are sometimes when it is easy to go out of bounds where no damage to the car would have occurred and it would be easy to drive back to the road, though. If these locations were setup with barriers instead then fair enough.
Quote from Becky Rose :For your reassurance Beano during STCC events going out of bounds will autospectate you. We descovered how to make this happen just before round 4, and the private server has the feature in place for round 5. Up until now it hasnt been on the public server because its always been full when i've gone to do it.

The solution is to use marshalls at the likely out of bounds areas.

As for where a driver should rejoin - sorry but if you have gone out of bounds you are totally retired! Odds are you are halfway to the moon anyway.

Yeah, I had realised. Saw a few ' Blahblah entered a Restricted Area' messages in some of the races.

Still, I think there is room for improvement with the current system.
Bump. Had this bugger up a race of mine this morning. Someone had an off and went out of bounds. Got placed on the track literally 2 metres infront of my car, giving me no time to react to it. I've attached the replay because it's almost comical. Please respawn/replace the out of bounds car either off track or in the pits).
Attached files
car replaced on racing line.mpr - 1.4 MB - 145 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG