The online racing simulator
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Im not knowing, that seat looks a bit .... dunno .
As I have never heard of it, i would say i doubt it, but you never know, do a poll of who has / getting one of these iVibe seats and see what the outcome is. Maybe an unnoofficial on patch for it will come out

What you are saying basically, is that it looks a bit shitty? Well, I agree, the name sounds like the logo is gonna be modern : in Navy Blue and Teal but it just looks like something from the 80's..
Just wanted to chime in since this old thread came up in a search for "ivibe Race 07 & iRacing" or something like that, so I read up on the previous posts. I was curious if there had been any more development on the PC side so I enlisted google and landed here. I'm an addicted ivibe user, but I also find rFactor frustrating in it's million adjustments for FFB, RealFeel, and the interface itself, so I don't really use it on my PC much anymore. Have not tried LFS yet.

The iVibe can be driven in three ways as I understand it:

1) ideally, from a game that supports it like rFactor or GPL. This is where you get real directional forces that simulate Gs pretty damned amazingly- having the different channels for left leg, right leg, and lower and upper back makes every hard stop feel the roll up the back of forces, or leaning into turns rumbling one side more than the other in the proper timing. (I'm not much of a full-time PC gamer but this alone made all my rFactor experminetaiton hell worth it. Hence my search for hope for direct support for a newer game like LFS or iRacing.)

2) there is some kind of universal intellivibe module that can sense joystick/wheel/pedals info from the driver and work in conjunction with game audio to sim the proper forces. I don't know much about this one but would like to learn more. Have to read up sometime...

or

3) using stereo audio inputs, much like a Buttkicker but with the added benefit of stereo. I use this for now since I've been playing my way through Gran Turismo 5 Prologue on the PS3, and before that, Forza 2 on the 360. Both render their car sounds (especially tire scrub and squeal), rumble strips, etc... in stereo. So with the iVibe, I feel it that way on the seat which really really helps without anything but audio cues. The PC software that comes with this little box has about 15 or so DSP filters, parametric EQ, squelch, etc.. for low, mid and high audio frequencies to help get the response just right for a game. These can be saved and loaded when games changed. For instance, I made one for GT5:P that reduces wind noise that is so loud on Daytona, when you notch it out this keeps it from becoming a constant seat rumble that would otherwise mask other road feel like all the good bumps on that track.

Anyway, I ordered it only because he said he'd take it back anytime, so for a while I was anxious to keep it in tip top, returnable shape should it not pan out. Now, I'm obviously sold and over that, as I got a bit buzzed one night and now have a Playseat Evolution with the six tranducers cut into the seat foam for a simple and seamless appearance! I only wish it was directly supported in some newer sims so I could get back to seeing what the PC has to offer. I hear the audio cues are very good in iRacing so maybe I'll try method 2 or 3 with that or with LFS when I get sick of the consoles for the time being.
#53 - Woz
Quote from mikemav :Just wanted to chime in since this old thread came up in a search for "ivibe Race 07 & iRacing" or something like that, so I read up on the previous posts. I was curious if there had been any more development on the PC side so I enlisted google and landed here.

The iVibe creator has bitched here a number of times asking LFS to output a number of pointless bits of info. A number of people, myself included, have offered to develop the drivers required for LFS then he goes quiet.

I tried to get info from him about the so called vector forces. It appears to be the logical direction to go with the drivers and LFS outputs all the info to drive a full motion platform so a perfect match. He is more interested in quick bodges like what texture the car is on at any given moment so he can play some crappy effect which is just not the LFS way.

Don't hold your breath as I would guess he never gets the drivers done.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG