The online racing simulator
Country roads
(34 posts, started )
Country roads
If there was one thing I'd really like to see in LFS it would be country roads i.e not a race track. Something like a B-road in UK, mountain roads of Japan that sort of stuff.

Race circuits are great but, for me, they can be very competitive and sometimes not fun. If country roads were included in LFS you could drive along at your own pace and because there's no competition it could be more fun and enjoyable. You could also have a 'closed street' version for tarmac rallying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ve0VfuBx1tI

I would much prefer driving this than racetracks.

It needn't be single track, it would be better if it wasn't. Perhaps two lanes maybe 3-4 cars widths wide, with small jumps, off camber turns, blind crests etc etc.

Does anyone else agree?
Point-to-point racing has been brought up before, and would be very nice. It's certainly fun in RBR.
Doesn't have to be point-to-point you could link it up so it's....well a circuit but a tighter, norrower, bumpier more technical one.
Or we could have a mountain path that winds all the way to the peak and back down to the start/finish line. It's still a loop and technically a closed circuit. Just a larger, longer, steeper and twistier than usual one.
That's what I'm thinking
#6 - ZORER
Yes ! cool, but point2point long and scenery tracks'd force lfs to use more computer resources than ever. imo.

Did somebody open a poll to see what type of cpus users got?
I guess these types of road would require more comuting power but take a Fern Bay track, narrow it a little, add bumps and elevate it so the start/finish is at the bottom of the hill and the rest works it's way up to a summit then back down again.

This shouldn't need much more cpu power, should it?
#8 - ZORER
Might be yes.
But it should take about 7-10 minutes but not longer.Because generally people get into pit and start voting for restart when they crash and can't continue. A long race will be hard to complete because of those restarters.
Chop off their fingers!!

Only joking

But if you made it non-competetive, or at least a non-competitive option, their would be no need to restart
there's always a non-competative option, it's called single player!

I would however appreciate a thin twisty race track with extreme changes of gradient, take the run down off the highway in southcity reverse configs, brilliant section! Bathurst track was awesome about 1992, some crazy downhill chicanes, like, REALLY downhill!

as for that video, bet the co-pilot needed a change of pants, the driver on the other hand, was too busy trying to stay alive to notice!!
Glad to see some people share my thoughts.... I've off to drive on my own
If only it was possible to have some of the roads where I live modeled into LFS..would be a blast. Overtake spots would be far and few between but it'd be great fun.
-1, LFS isn't mainly rally simulator and because there is more important things to do so let's leave this stuff to RBR.
Nobody is really talking about rallying.

The idea is to create a track that isn't as flat and smooth as a pancake. A bit of variation wouldn't go amiss; so +1.
What then? You think you could online race in 5 m wide normal road track?
I would definately buy S3 if there was a downhill track like that, it would be fun for drifters with all of the turns and stuff. Maybe online it wouldn't be a bunch of people going against each other, it could be a timed run where each person has their own copy of the track to drive on, and maybe have a turn around at the end too and go back to the start. Just my opinion
Quote from z3r0c00l :Bathurst track was awesome about 1992, some crazy downhill chicanes, like, REALLY downhill!

FYI Bathurst is still awesome That track would be very high on my list if we were ever to see RL tracks in this sim. Not too long, massive straights, some of the best twisty bits in the world. A good combo of length, turn variety and elevation changes :up: It would perfect for the GTRs - both big and small.

The Cutting:

This was back in the day when the Bathurst enduro was a GT race and anything was allowed. You used to see Minis racing Triumphs (a Cooper S actually won in 1966), later you'd see RX7s racing BMWs, later still we had R32s racing Aussie V8s and beating them - then they banned the R32s because they pwnd so hard These days you can only race an Aussie V8...or the other Aussie V8

My only concern is that pickup races would be chaos! They are a lot of the time anyway but Bathurst is very unforgiving...
+1 for the closed circuit version

If it was a long enough track you'd be able to use the autocross tool to split it into both an uphill and a downhill course. Good, no?
something like city life but ina country road version
Heard you the first time...and the second
So this would work like rally stages and you went one after another? We would need a rally car for this
#24 - Gunn
Quote from spacedeck :So this would work like rally stages and you went one after another? We would need a rally car for this

No you wouldn't need a rally car. It's a road, any car would do.
+1 i rekon if they got it right, it would be a blast lol it would be good if there was steep verges and sign posts and fences to hit as well can u imagine coming off at a corner and landing in a forest and you couldnt continue lol, you would have to make it so you seen the cuts in the soil where the cars had rolled and dug out a hole the same applies to sliding off the track and leaving deep tyre marks in the verge then on top of that if your car got totalled you had to wait till the other drivers had finnished the race or crashed.

Country roads
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG