The online racing simulator
What about a french manual ?
(14 posts, started )
Hello, Is someone intersted whith a french live for speed manual ?

It seems that there is no french manual for instance, (I havent search enough ?) I whant to try to translate the wiki manual for the french racers, is someone interested with this project ?

@+
Doesn't the French have their own community, if so, couldn't you ask help there? I guess it would give better answers, and you could start this very huge project. Bon change!
Quote from OEddyO :Hello, Is someone intersted whith a french live for speed manual ?

It seems that there is no french manual for instance, (I havent search enough ?) I whant to try to translate the wiki manual for the french racers, is someone interested with this project ?

@+

Hey

Im not sure how accurate it is as i know very limited french however, have you tried using http://babelfish.altavista.com/ as a starting point?

It can change entire sites into different languages very quickly, perhaps using that as a basis and then correct little mistakes?

Just an idea buddy

~~ TS ~~
#4 - bbman
Have you ever tried Babelfish and looked at the results? I think not, or else you'd know that it would be easier to translate it yourself...

Anyway, I wish Eddy the best of luck to find enough co-translators who are willing to realize his project...
#5 - CSU1

Attached images
almurray_2.jpg
Quote from bbman :Have you ever tried Babelfish and looked at the results? I think not, or else you'd know that it would be easier to translate it yourself...

Here's an interesting anecdote.

I once went to an Italian food shop (sells salamis, olive oils, pizza base kits and whatnot - like Wing Yip, but chinese stuff and a sixth of the size) and bought a pizza base kit. However, the instructions were in italian, which I don't speak. I had better luck just ****ing guessing beavause it came out with sheer bullshit. The moral of the story - babelfish is useless.
Quote from OEddyO :Hello, Is someone intersted whith a french live for speed manual ?

@+

You're welcome here (same project, french community)

And u'll find a Shannon's manual french translation too (based on S1)
#8 - sbeu
i'm not nationalist
illepall
Quote from sbeu :illepall

Stay cool, it was just a joke (IMO , not a very good one, because of some french political events, 5 years ago), look at smiley
Quote from fix1234 :I think the nationalists frenchmen should study some english as they may find it useful

Another joke (not sure it's really a joke ^^) : IMO all nationalist, regardless their nationality, shoud study the whole Montaigne and Diderot works, they are well known humanists.
And of course, in original language (french ), that'll be usefull too

Edit : [OT mode off (hoping)]
#11 - FL!P
I don't have time to work on translations these days, but I might find some time to review them.

[OT]Not sure what the nationalist "joke" referred to, but it definitely doesn't apply to nationalists only:
Ze yes needs ze no... to win... against ze no. (Jean-Pierre Raffarin, French Prime Minister—by then) [/OT]
Thank you for for all yours answers.

I will do a traduction of this manual, it will take time because I have not a lot of time, and if somes french racers whant participate, in traduction or in reading/make corections of the traduction, they are welcomes

@+
Quote from OEddyO :Thank you for for all yours answers.

I will do a traduction of this manual, it will take time because I have not a lot of time, and if somes french racers whant participate, in traduction or in reading/make corections of the traduction, they are welcomes

@+

U'd better read my first post in this thread

Edit : this one
Oups .... It seems that I have not see your first message !!! I answer on the french board, let translate now !!!

@+

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG