The online racing simulator
#1 - J.B.
Need help with Samsung E700 mobile phone
The main display of my phone has failed so need a keypress by keypress guide on how to send my complete phonebook to a new phone via infrared. I've already tried two Samsung forums and they haven't been very helpful. Surely somebody here must own an E700 and can have a quick look at the menu structure for me.

Thanks for any help.
#2 - CSU1
Has it got bluetooth?
Maybe you can borrow a cable and install the Samsung software.
I have an E800, and you dont need to do anything on the phone, you can copy the phone numbers using the software...
#4 - J.B.
No it hasn't got bluetooth.

I've already saved all the data to PC using a data cable and the Samsung software but I want to send it to another phone directly so that I don't have to enter all the numbers and names by hand.

Love the post response speed here BTW. Been waiting a few days at the Samsung forums.
#5 - CSU1
Quote from J.B. :No it hasn't got bluetooth.

I've already saved all the data to PC using a data cable and the Samsung software but I want to send it to another phone directly so that I don't have to enter all the numbers and names by hand.

Love the post response speed here BTW. Been waiting a few days at the Samsung forums.

Ok, the way I see it is you have two options:
1) Get someone with a simular phone, update their phone from your pc,save all the contact names to THEIR phone, put in your chip and copy from their phone to your chip.
2) Buy a cheap bluetooth adaptor and if the phone your getting has bluetooth transfer the data that way, or you could do it as I said above, find your friend thar has a bluetooth phone and copy from phone to sim card.

Hope this helps
#6 - J.B.
Thanks guys. I've worked it out now. I did Samsung --> PC --> Siemens using the export/import functions of the Windows softwares. I wasn't expecting them to be able to read the same data formats but it worked well using CSV text files.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG