The online racing simulator
What to do with xbox 360?
(45 posts, started )
#1 - JTbo
I bought one, because shop sell it cheap (40€ yes forty, they were stupid, eh?!) well now I started to think about what to do with one, as I'm simmer, I don't like Need for speed or shooting things with pad controller, what else it would be good for?
You can use it to stream media from your computer to your stereo if you have it connected to your stereo, or I believe you can also just copy your music library to it if you'd like.

Also, Forza 2 looks promising, judging by the current Forza, it will at least be halfway realistic.
40€??? Try to sell it with profit and get yourself a G25 if you already don't have one
Go to supermarket parking lot, burn or trash the box, record it and then upload a video to youtube.

Oh, wait. This was done already after X360 was released.
Quote from deggis :Go to supermarket parking lot, burn or trash the box, record it and then upload a video to youtube.

Oh, wait. This was done already after X360 was released.

I'll put my money down that Sony will top that by stealing your cash, giving you trash wrapped in a black plastic case and it'll probably end up burning your house down.

Better keep those handycams ready!
#6 - JTbo
Quote from LFSn00b :Wtf, XBox 360 with 40€??? ***** Tell me where is this store, now Well, play with it ;D

Ah, it is too late for now, that was closed rather quickly, but this is link to it:
http://www.halens.fi/ProductPa ... x?mid=1530&pid=015819

I did see some boxing game, EA's 3rd version of something, maybe I could play that with friends, looks enough simple to spend few minutes now and then?

Insane is nice game, I wonder if enough simple and with as good physics exists? Only thing that missed was more gaming modes and tracks

But games are rather expensive for that thing, specially if I compare to LFS as I look how long term fun title is, LFS is still like new game, even I have been playing it 5 years or so, hard to find something with as good value

Also I don't have that xbox yet, it should arrive around 2-3 weeks, they can cancel the deal, but I doubt that as it is bit difficult by law.
I spotted this "little" mistake in IRC too and bought one.

http://nismo.1g.fi/temp/48euronxbox.jpg

I do however doubt that they will actually sell them at that price. Finnish laws are propably on their side at this.
#8 - JTbo
Quote from Matrixi :I spotted this "little" mistake in IRC too and bought one.

http://nismo.1g.fi/temp/48euronxbox.jpg

I do however doubt that they will actually sell them at that price. Finnish laws are propably on their side at this.

Don't know how it will end up, but certainly I will not pay full price

Sure they can play 'not available/deal cancelled card', but they can't rise price up by law, will be interesting to see how thing go, there has been few similar cases that I know of and there customers have got great deals.
well, i heard thesw guys got in line three days before the xbox360 came out, they were the first to get it. When they got it they went infront of all the little kids 3 hours back into the line. The guys then hit it with a sludge hammar, and the guys started laughing because the kids cried and tried to glue it back together
#10 - JTbo
Btw Matrixi are you active on dnsf?
Quote from Rappa Z :well, i heard thesw guys got in line three days before the xbox360 came out, they were the first to get it. When they got it they went infront of all the little kids 3 hours back into the line. The guys then hit it with a sludge hammar, and the guys started laughing because the kids cried and tried to glue it back together

seems like a retarded way to spend 3 days and a few hundred dollars, if it actually happened.
My suggestion: Buy PES6 and enjoy
#14 - JTbo
Quote from frokki :My suggestion: Buy PES6 and enjoy

Not bad suggestion at all, too bad it is so difficult for me to control that game, lot of frustration when I played demo of some version at pc, same with nhl games, I really suck in those two sports IRL and with computer

Can I use that xbox as PVCR device? That would be handy
#15 - JTbo
Xbox 360 huh, well, you can link to your PC, you can chat with random people, but best of all is to buy test drive unlimited . with xbox live tis fantastic ... *drools*
I had mine like 1 week now, i done 1750ish Miles .... in 4 days .... yeh , that much time
MCE + Transcode 360 + uTorrent + Racing-Underground = Streaming racing from around the world 24/7 on the 360.

There are a couple of good games for it too.
XBOX + Flamethrower = Nice combination

I've never found anything more anoying then the XBOX but heck, it's everybodys choice to choose what to buy
You don't even need Media Centre now to stream movies to your 360 (Although it will only stream WMV to your 360 from standard 360)
#20 - JTbo
Hmm, my car is 360, maybe could put it in to car, but then again it adds weight and that is bad for performance and I don't understand even big stereos in a car, I don't have even speakers on mine, but that is mostly for track days anyway

Sure I can give it to you (if that ever arrives here) Bergade, if you give me 320€ + shipping costs
#21 - JTbo
Oh yes, I don't see point streaming movies to xbox thingy as I do have good computer for that, with passive water cooling this is not very noisy either, so I fail to see any advantages using xbox for such thing?

Must say that I'm against these video consoles and mobile phones with all stupid mp3 things and such, maybe I'm slightly old fashioned, but phones are for calling and computer for work and digital entertainment
I will use it to stream Movies from PC to TV (As I have a nice big TV so the whole family can watch rather than being crowded round a PC....

It just save me time burning them off, just conver them to WMV and away we go!
#23 - JTbo
Quote from Thorvertonian :I will use it to stream Movies from PC to TV (As I have a nice big TV so the whole family can watch rather than being crowded round a PC....

It just save me time burning them off, just conver them to WMV and away we go!

I have cable from computer to tv to do that
I asked my friend (who is a president in a company) about this price mistake since he knows pretty much everything there is to know about marketing stuff. He said that if there is an obvious error in a price, that even the consumer will clearly notice, then the store will have the right to cancel the deal completely or offer the product for the consumer at the correct price. That is how the law goes. The kuluttajainasiamies also agrees with this.

So it is rather certain we ain't getting our 40 euro xboxes. Damn.
That was quite predictable

(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG