The online racing simulator
Dumbass-tastic Logitech Profiler/DFP question
I've just got my DFP ( ). I've installed the drivers (before you ask) and plugged it in (no, i'm not that stupid).

How the f*ck do I get it to work in Logitech Profiler? The steering wheel and buttons don't do anything in LFS.

It's probably something stupidly elementary that I have overlooked.
plugged everything in? usb into computer, power into wall?

does it show up in the game controllers (start -> run -> joy.cpl)

techincally, you don't have to install anything for the DFP to work (at least i didn't...the profiler just give more options for setting it up).

if the DFP isn't showing in the game controllers screen, then something isn't right. unplug it, and try plugging it into a different USB port.
Yes, USB in to PC and connected to the mains. It's also appears in the list of game controllers.
I think we need more information about the problem :P A few screenies from the profiler + from the ingame menu would help us to get deeper into the problem imho ( pls use jpg compression ! :o )
Here's the pic of logitech profiler. The only thing of note in LFS is that none of the buttons work and it appears as both throttle and brake at maximum.
Attached images
untitled.PNG
well, profiler is detecting the DFP, because right now i'm using a Driving Force EX, and it displays a different controller than what you screen shot is showing. so that is working (at least partially).

what version of LFS are you using? if it is one of the U test patches that has scripting, did you set that up for an old controller? if you did, maybe try deleting (or moving it out of the folder) that old controller script file.

maybe you just need to calibrate each axis in LFS and then assign them. to calibrate, press the C next to each axis, then depress the pedals or turn the wheel, depending on which axis you are calibrating. then click on the funtion you want to assign, then click on the axis you want associated with that function...

ie, click "throttle", then "axis 0".

if you've done that, i'm fresh out of ideas...or set up a controller script if you are using a version that supports that.
hmm, well, i dunno :o
"both throttle and brake at maximum" < maybe the problem is that the pedals are turned to combined axis ?
Does it work without the profiler turned on ? Does it work in other games ?(i don't even own a DFP, but i would like to know the reason of the problem You are having ).
Quote from glyphon :well, profiler is detecting the DFP, because right now i'm using a Driving Force EX, and it displays a different controller than what you screen shot is showing. so that is working (at least partially).

That's nice and reassuring that it doesn't think it's a USB rechargable battery for a battery operated goat penis enlarger lol.

Quote :what version of LFS are you using?

Latest U test patch.

Quote :if it is one of the U test patches that has scripting, did you set that up for an old controller? if you did, maybe try deleting (or moving it out of the folder) that old controller script file.

I've never touched the scripting.

Quote :maybe you just need to calibrate each axis in LFS and then assign them. to calibrate, press the C next to each axis, then depress the pedals or turn the wheel, depending on which axis you are calibrating. then click on the funtion you want to assign, then click on the axis you want associated with that function...

Will try.
I have inverted the axes - that did stop them being reported as full.

However, I have set up a USB controller before - but that was plug and play.

It doesn't work in LFS or anything else with profiler on or off. BUT it does work on the PS2.
I have the latest drivers, unless they updated it since last night.
Is anybody using Vista with DFP? I cannot get the ffb to work at all. I've tried the profiler and I'm almost ready to go back to my PS2 joypad convertor(yuck). If it helps, I'm running Vista RC1 Evaluation copy build 5600.
#12 - Davo
Quote from Blaeza : I'm running Vista RC1 Evaluation copy build 5600.

That's an old and shitty version of Vista to be running. But AFAIK the FFB doesn't work in Vista yet as there are no official drivers for Vista. Which version of the software are you using 4.6?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG