The online racing simulator
An oficial server for all LFS Content!
(8 posts, started )
#1 - CSU1
Why don't the dev's have an oficial server with all the lfs content on it.
Two reasons:
1) The server could have ad's on it thus helping with $$$ for the development of LFS.
2) It would steer our members clear of megaupload, you tube etc, why have our members go there when we could all benifit from an oficial content server.
don't exactly get what you want.
Afaik all LFS related websites are on one Server.

And putting all usermade videos on one official server hosted by the devs will probably only result in problems, as many videos use music from more or less famous bands who may not want the music to be used that way ;)
#3 - CSU1
Quote from three_jump :don't exactly get what you want.
Afaik all LFS related websites are on one Server.

I mean all the movies/pics/and other LFS related content.
We had something like LFS-Files back then, which is probably the thing you want (wasn't hosted by the devs).

It's down for quite some time now.
Tweak is supposedly working on LFS-files again. Its going to be "back" this autumn, or was.

Theres also the competing LFS-database, which does exist, but didnt appear to have much content last time I looked.
#6 - CSU1
Quote from the_angry_angel :Tweak is supposedly working on LFS-files again. Its going to be "back" this autumn, or was.

Theres also the competing LFS-database, which does exist, but didnt appear to have much content last time I looked.

So, would we benefit from an "oficial LFS" database and put up with the ads to help develop LFS?
Well, the forum has gone from RSC to LFS's own servers, I suppose it's a possibility that a files site might also. Is helpful when there is one up and running in the first place to move over. ;)
#8 - CSU1
Quote from Bob Smith :Well, the forum has gone from RSC to LFS's own servers, I suppose it's a possibility that a files site might also. Is helpful when there is one up and running in the first place to move over.

Ok, so if there where to be a dedicated server for content, would this be a project for a community member or should it be left to the dev's to decide, as one can't just set up a site hosting copyrighted LFS content.

With over twelve thousand registered forum users I imagine a site of this kind would see a lot of traffic daily.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG