The online racing simulator
Sudden Graphic Glitch
(4 posts, started )
Sudden Graphic Glitch
Suddenly when I start LFS, the main logo is seen with a bunch of vertical lines going through it, then when I continue to the main menu, everything is jumbled. The next screen, track select etc. Only shows the car body spinning on a black screen. Any idea what happened? Do I need to redownload? I didnt do a thing to my comp.

P4 2.9GHz
786 Ram
GeForce 4 MX4000
Windows XP Pro
This sounds related to issues that people have with their graphics card drivers or graphics settings.

Refer to this post, which I hope should help you: http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=171976

Generally go into the Graphic Card's options and search for something related to quality or texture quality of some sort. Chances are you turned them down. If that doesn't help, update the drivers to something new, or an older driver version.
If there are vertical lines going down the whole screen, then its more likely to be a little more serious then a change in settings. Sounds like the card has died, but with the amount of information you have provided its difficult to tell.

• Does this now happen all the time in LFS
- If its not a constant thing and is random - then its probably over heating.
• Is it only in LFS
- Try other games
• Does it only happen after a few minutes/hours/days
- If it varies then its probably over heating.

Also given the fact that your card is a MX4000 its probably pretty old, and therefore its safe to say its dead!

Oops. I downloaded the driver again and the problem is gone. Thanks for the help I should have thought of that!

Sudden Graphic Glitch
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG