The online racing simulator
Quote from El Barto :@ A.Barbu

This was the situation in Lap 95. Its realy annoying.

http://www.tps-racing.de/membe ... ts/lfsgt/lfsgt_191106.wmv

Here is the replay, starts at lap 87

http://www.tps-racing.de/membe ... t/stint4_lfsgt_191106.mpr

Wow i just saw the MPR, unbelievable, but if u want a bit of advice, next time, if something happens, just press Shift + S because u lost a lap anyway while trying to pit... so no point in struggling. I feel sorry for u guys.

All in all it was a good race, finaly Prodrive has results, and no accidents etc. See u on Aston GP
Good race
Hi all,

Quite a good race.

Was a bit unhappy with some of the overtaking by the GT1 cars. Yes you are much faster, and we are blueflagged, and yes it is easy to get past us GT2's but sometimes it is just utter wreckless overtaking. Twice I was hit from behind by lappers when it was a totally bad place/time to overtake.

The worst time being, when I was battling with someone heading towards the chicane, we start to have a fight and move on eachother and then blue flag appears. What happens, litterally 2 seconds later, WHACK, GT1 car trying to squeeze in between us, stupid move, why not wait for us to get out of line in the corner?
I agree. Several times I was surrounded by GT1 cars performing dangerous manuevers. I personally didn't have a problem, having survive each of the encounters without any sort of damage with two exceptions, both of which were apoligized for.

But some examples... The straight and then slow left hander followed by the right hander after the chicane: Once as I was making a pass on a GT2 car that went wide so I could go on the inside, I suddenly had a GT1 car barrel through between us on the right hander turn, tapping both me and the GT2 car to do it (I heard a tap, I wasn't effected, then I felt and heard a second tap). At this point in the race I was pacing pretty slow because of engine damage, which is how he blew by me so fast, but when I'm ALREADY on the curb, about to touch the grass, and someone hits me trying to get past on my right, somethings wrong... But both me and the GT2 car continued along, so I ignored it.

Several times on Spectator as well, I saw cars go 3 wide into T2. I'm pretty sure I saw one attempt to go 4 wide, which I just thought was odd. It was a mixed class combination most of the time, two GT1 cars and a GT2, or visa versa. But going more than 2 wide into that turn is not only dangerous, but it slows you more than is worth it. But people did it anyways.

All in all though, you must admit. For a 3 hour race, there wasn't that many incidents. Especially considering it was a mixed field. But then again, this was my first league race, so I may no know what I'm talking about
Especially with the high speed differences, it should be the first and highest priority of GT1 cars to pass on the straight, not in braking zones and not in corners.

This is a basic principle of endurance racing: you dont put yourself and others at risk. Just compare a squeeze-through pass to a wait-2s-and-pass-on-straight pass. The former you risk a crash and serious damage that at best will cost you 4-5s at the next pit stop, the latter is a totally risk free pass that only costs you 2s in that one turn, no more. It is a no-brain decision, really.

And we will also keep that in consideration when deciding on teams applying for MoE: those who don't understand basic principles of endurance racing simply will not be invited. Keep in mind that ultimately we want to have multiple classes in MoE as well.
when are the standings gonna be updated?
I guess LFS GT admins have a break for next round (21 January)
No No no brake, it's just that i've had a very busy week barely any time for lfs, i'll try to do them tomorow or during the weekend if i can find a spare 30 min, i have the final results on paper, they are final just have to put them up.
allright, thanks.
Still no Schedule
Sorry for the late posting of the results but it has been a very busy week for me but never the less they are up in the Results and Standings threads, this has been tha last race of the year, have a merry christmas and a happy new year and i'll see u all back on track in january.
Did anyone get an after race picture, or have a full length replay to post? Just curious.
Quote from Scoop :have a merry christmas and a happy new year and i'll see u all back on track in january.

thank you, i wish you guys all the best, too.
See you in january
Quote from Scoop :Sorry for the late posting of the results but it has been a very busy week for me but never the less they are up in the Results and Standings threads, this has been tha last race of the year, have a merry christmas and a happy new year and i'll see u all back on track in january.

Shouldn't Synergy Racing (GT2) be on position 8 instead of 6 in the Season II Standings?

Just recognized it while updating the standings in our forum.
Fixed, thanks for noticeing

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG