The online racing simulator
FF tokyo drift songs
(11 posts, started )
FF tokyo drift songs
does anyone know how to upload OGG VORBIS? if so i can get the songs to be downloadable
Isn't that illegal?
Yes
#4 - dadge
you can get a free mp3 to ogg convertor, do a google. i think he wants to put the sound track from tokyo drift into his ogg folder which is not illegal
Quote from dadge :you can get a free mp3 to ogg convertor, do a google. i think he wants to put the sound track from tokyo drift into his ogg folder which is not illegal

He's from Australia. AFAIK we still don't have any 'fair use' laws. (Unless the law has changed recently.)
#6 - dadge
i thought piracy only came into play if he/ was planning on distributing these .ogg files and gaining a profit :S. if he already owns an original copy of the sound track and converts it so he can listen to it when he drives (without using a 3rd party media player) i don't think he has broken any laws
Quote from dadge :i thought piracy only came into play if he/ was planning on distributing these .ogg files and gaining a profit :S. if he already owns an original copy of the sound track and converts it so he can listen to it when he drives (without using a 3rd party media player) i don't think he has broken any laws

Well, that's what the 'fair use' laws are about. In other countries, such as the USA, you are entitled to make backups of CDs. This is only true as long as you don't break any copy protection, which is a law that was introduced with the DMCA (digital millenium copyright act). In Australia, however, we do not have such fair use laws. Hence, you may not make a copy of a CD, even if you own it. That being said, it isn't really policed, and they're not likely to go after you if you're not sharing/profiting from the music.

I know that there was talk about changing the law as it is now technically illegal to rip a CD at all. That means that everyone who has copied their songs onto an iPod has actually broken the law (unless they bought the song of iTunes).
#8 - Gunn
Quote from Peptis :In Australia, however, we do not have such fair use laws. Hence, you may not make a copy of a CD, even if you own it.

But if you do make a copy, it isn't piracy. You haven't made any profit.
Whether you make profit or not, if the license says "No unauthorised copying" then you're not supposed to copy it. But if you don't tell anyone you're doing it, nobody will know.
Why not just fire up Windows Media player and load the soundtrack so you can listen to it?
~Bryan~
-
(Mik3y) DELETED by Mik3y
#11 - Gunn
You will have to buy it. Please don't request illegal content here.

FF tokyo drift songs
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG